Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Shannon Briggs, Rampage Jackson - Trade Words at Pulev-Mir Final Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMLT87
    replied
    Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
    Mir really should have just held at least the first round to attempt to tire Pulev out but he gave up rather quickly on doing that .
    I think he was just not in shape enough to do it, he didnt have the strength and explosiveness to muscle Pulev around and obviously the grappling rules were quite limited so its not like he could have just negated all that and gone for a double leg. You're gonna have to be very quick, strong and durable to be able to just stay right in the superior boxers face and rough house them in the clinch for long periods under those rules.

Leave a comment:

• REDEEMER
    replied
    Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

I was surprised with how well the MMA fighters did overall because I thought it would be quite one sided with those rules. That Mir/Pulev fight was only ever gonna end one way though, Frank wasnt gonna somehow manage to clinch up and dirty box/hold his way to a win in this, especially at this stage of his career and with the shape hes in. It might have been interesting if it had been a good MMA striker who had some athleticism and durability though.
    When you fight bare footed the striking becomes weaker . I thought wearing shoes would enable better striking from the MMA guys more then usual. I’d say though the MMA team were better at their sport then the boxing team selected guys so it was a big advantage this time . I was surprised there wasn’t much clinching by the MMA guys overall , Mir really should have just held at least the first round to attempt to tire Pulev out but he gave up rather quickly on doing that . Like I told one poster he finds ways to lose no matter what , most of the time .

Leave a comment:

• Marchegiano
    replied

Mir is a grappler with very bad stamina and limited striking though he’s good at clinching and using knees which is illegal in the event . The event was basically just hands and a real fast paced with 2 minute rounds in a triangle ring half the size as a normal boxing ring ,all the fights were really good I got my moneys Worth .

Mir didn’t have proper time to actually train for this but he got himself his biggest payday somewhere close to a million. I thought he might win up until I saw him warming up ,he looked gassed just throwing little combinations ,he never really used clinches either he stood right in front of Pulev and I knew it wasn’t going to end well then .
    ****ing good post bud, I'd read more reviews from you if you wrote them.

Leave a comment:

• TMLT87
    replied

Mir is a grappler with very bad stamina and limited striking though he’s good at clinching and using knees which is illegal in the event . The event was basically just hands and a real fast paced with 2 minute rounds in a triangle ring half the size as a normal boxing ring ,all the fights were really good I got my moneys Worth .

Mir didn’t have proper time to actually train for this but he got himself his biggest payday somewhere close to a million. I thought he might win up until I saw him warming up ,he looked gassed just throwing little combinations ,he never really used clinches either he stood right in front of Pulev and I knew it wasn’t going to end well then .
    I was surprised with how well the MMA fighters did overall because I thought it would be quite one sided with those rules. That Mir/Pulev fight was only ever gonna end one way though, Frank wasnt gonna somehow manage to clinch up and dirty box/hold his way to a win in this, especially at this stage of his career and with the shape hes in. It might have been interesting if it had been a good MMA striker who had some athleticism and durability though.

Leave a comment:

• DaNeutral.
    replied
    WTF was that fight in a triangle anyway? Was it Boxing with MMA gloves?

Leave a comment:

• REDEEMER
    replied
    Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
    War boxing!!! Shannon owned these MMA clowns on the mic, sht was hilarious, LETS GO CHAMP!
    Actually it was the other way around. Not only did Briggs team loss they got a few gifted wins ,Jackson is a better trash talker then Briggs . Not sure who I’d favor with these rules ? If they fight ,Rampage in shape probably wins but he hasn’t been in tears ,Briggs is still threatening , Rampage can’t slam people in here so it’s a big edge he loses .

Leave a comment:

• REDEEMER
    replied
    Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
    Didn't even realize Pulev and Mir were fighting.

Was Mir ever a stand up guy? Is this boxing?

Last edited by REDEEMER; 11-29-2021, 11:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Boxing Goat
    replied
    Originally posted by famicommander View Post

Mir got carried to a decision by a disinterested Steve Cunningham on short notice, so now he thinks he can bang with an active heavyweight.
    Well that backfired didn't it ?

Leave a comment:

• buddyr
    replied
    I’m tired of Shannon briggs’ bs lol

Leave a comment:

• famicommander
    replied
    Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    WTFF?! Mir thinks he can fxck with Pulev? Who would even sanction this? Wow
    Mir got carried to a decision by a disinterested Steve Cunningham on short notice, so now he thinks he can bang with an active heavyweight.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X