Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz To Return January 22; WBC-Ordered Title Eliminator With David Avanesyan To Follow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mofias
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    The difference is that Ennis is not in the #1 Spot by any sanctioning body! Ortiz Jr. is #1 in both the WBC and WBO! My hope is that the IBF orders Ennis to fight Abdukakhorov in a Final Eliminator real soon! Abdukakhorov won his eliminator in 2019, and has only fought once since then!
    These Boxers get to the Number 1 Spot
    And the Not Activate Mandatory
    Cowards!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mofias
    replied
    Originally posted by rudy View Post
    Boxing is full of BS why have an ordered eliminator if he is not going to fight next. WBC is really we be crooks why fighters even fight for the title is pointless now
    Is he not Crawford's Mandatory already??..
    These Eliminators of Eliminators are BS

Leave a comment:

• hitmanjosh
    replied
    He can fight and comes to bring it but as soon as they face someone who can punch and move, this kid will get beat up! He’s good for boxing and ticket sales but his defense is a problem and in the big leagues you can’t get hit that much, I just see flaws and I know you do also!

Leave a comment:

• Joe shmo
    replied
    I can't help but feel like Eddie is behind this. Conor already ducked avanesyan but he can't do it forever without getting major flak so I feel like this is Eddie taking him outta the game to protect Conor. That said, it should still b a fun fight.
    M111 M111 likes this.

Leave a comment:

• PBR Streetgang
    replied
    Originally posted by M111 View Post

You may be right. I just get the feeling the Ortiz train is going to run into something soon. He got tagged too much in his last fight and prior to the stoppage seemed one dimensional and unable to adapt. He won’t be able to steamroll everyone.
    I like Ortiz but he has some defensive liabilities. Avanesyan is no easy out for anyone and he's beaten down alot of Euro prospects recently. I think Vergil probably stops him but it's a dangerous fight.

Avanesyan was stopped by Mean Machine who in turn was stopped by Ortiz, but you can't always go by common opponents. Ortiz also had some dicey moments with Kavaliauskas before he finally put him away.

Leave a comment:

• Chrismart
    replied
    I rate Avanesyan, I think he's a good fighter. Ortiz is a step up though, I can't see past Ortiz if they meet.

Leave a comment:

• ShoulderRoll
    replied
    Originally posted by M111 View Post
    I’ll say it first but reckon Ortiz is getting beat on this one. Never been hugely impressed by him and I think Avenesyan stops him I the later rounds.
    I don't see it.

Ortiz flattened Kavaliuskas who destroyed Avanesyan.

Leave a comment:

• M111
    replied
    Originally posted by Wolfie*

Please. Vergil is stopping him in 6 rounds or less. He smoked a guy who smoked him in his last fight.
    You may be right. I just get the feeling the Ortiz train is going to run into something soon. He got tagged too much in his last fight and prior to the stoppage seemed one dimensional and unable to adapt. He won’t be able to steamroll everyone.

Leave a comment:

• jabuppercut
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    Well, seeing how they don't have an opponent yet, I would hope Oscar would call Frank Warren and see if he could work this out, rather than wait until after he fights in January!
    In this article it states they told the WBC they already have an opponent Jan 22, just hasn't been named officially yet. Warren has no reason to rush to make a date in Jan. It's in Warren best interest to take as long as he can to leverage a purse bid to get the best deal possible for his fighter. That's why these mandatories and eliminators typically take months to negotiate. And as you pointed out with the IBF situation at 147 fighters can win a eliminator and wait years before they actually get the title shot.

Leave a comment:

• Bronx2245
    replied
    Originally posted by jabuppercut View Post

That's 2 months away and assuming Golden Boy wins a purse bid or get's Avaneysyan to agree quickly to the same money his opponent they have lined up has already agreed to (unlikely). In reality it's Ortiz vs whoever they lined up for Jan 22 or Ortiz vs Avaneysyan March/April/May
    Well, seeing how they don't have an opponent yet, I would hope Oscar would call Frank Warren and see if he could work this out, rather than wait until after he fights in January!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X