Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point will Floyd Mayweather get the credit he deserves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
    Floyd will get the shine he deserves. He will sit somewhere around 20-30 maybe, its hard to call. Alot of you dont remember Pretty Boy Floyd, had he been able to continue in that vain. Well he would have sat at the top with the true greats, his hands didnt want the smoke though.

    Ill give him credit though, he adjusted and became the bad guy and made hundreds of millions. Floyd, for all his faults was built for milking dumb mfers for cash.

    Anyone who thinks he belongs anywhere near the top ten knows nothing about boxing.
    Someone is supposed to be so good, he's ranked #3 ATG
    If that guy is #3 ATG, May has to be God Level.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
      Floyd will get the shine he deserves. He will sit somewhere around 20-30 maybe, its hard to call. Alot of you dont remember Pretty Boy Floyd, had he been able to continue in that vain. Well he would have sat at the top with the true greats, his hands didnt want the smoke though.

      Ill give him credit though, he adjusted and became the bad guy and made hundreds of millions. Floyd, for all his faults was built for milking dumb mfers for cash.

      Anyone who thinks he belongs anywhere near the top ten knows nothing about boxing.
      That doesn't make sense to me, the guys Floyd fought later were better fighters than he fought as PBF, the only difference was PBF was knocking out guys which you pardoned for his brittle hands as he moved up,,,,,, so you're saying you cant clearly outbox better guys its only KOs against lessor guys that count in the big picture,,,,, nothing in you post is congruent.
      BodyBagz likes this.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

        Someone is supposed to be so good, he's ranked #3 ATG
        If that guy is #3 ATG, May has to be God Level.
        Well, am supposed to believe my eyes or someone Ive never heard of ranking fighters? SRL would have beat Floyd from pillar to post, Tommy Hearns would have made him speak in cursive, Roberto Duran would ground him into sand. He is a great fighter, he is not the best of this generation nor is he even close to the greatest of all time. You can love him all you want. Im almost 50 years into this game and Ill say this, fck your feelings. It doesnt change the fact he would have been smoked by the great fighters of this game.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post

          Well, am supposed to believe my eyes or someone Ive never heard of ranking fighters? SRL would have beat Floyd from pillar to post, Tommy Hearns would have made him speak in cursive, Roberto Duran would ground him into sand. He is a great fighter, he is not the best of this generation nor is he even close to the greatest of all time. You can love him all you want. Im almost 50 years into this game and Ill say this, fck your feelings. It doesnt change the fact he would have been smoked by the great fighters of this game.
          Imho, NO ONE below MW ''batters'' May. Especially anyone from below WW.
          Not saying SRL or Hearns wouldn't have beaten him (more so SRL). Just saying that shlt would not be easy.
          Also imho, SRL gets too much love for beating
          Hagler (barely and in Haglers last fight. When fighters are usually at their worst).
          Hearns, who lost to Hagler. That Hagler smashes SRL. That's why SRL said ''I will never fight that man (until I'm sure he's done)''
          1-1 with Duran (who also gets too much credit.
          And finally, Super Hyped Benitez. Ran up a win streak against some sorry looking opponents
          Once Benitez reached a certain level, he got exposed.

          ''One win vs Hearns = 100 May wins !!!!''

          Ok, ''One win vs ''Green'' Nelo = 100 #3 ATG wins !!!'' if that's the formula.

          PBF/May schools Duran almost as badly as Hearns did. The Hearns that demolished Duran would get schooled vs PBF. No way do those telegraphed rights land

          If ''that guy'' is universally considered #3 ATG, May must be God Level.

          And yes, FCK FEELINGS
          Last edited by BodyBagz; 11-06-2021, 01:44 AM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

            That doesn't make sense to me, the guys Floyd fought later were better fighters than he fought as PBF, the only difference was PBF was knocking out guys which you pardoned for his brittle hands as he moved up,,,,,, so you're saying you cant clearly outbox better guys its only KOs against lessor guys that count in the big picture,,,,, nothing in you post is congruent.
            PBF, with paper mache for fists, was ending MFers at an impressive clip.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

              Imho, NO ONE below MW ''batters'' May. Especially anyone from below WW.
              Not saying SRL or Hearns wouldn't have beaten him (more so SRL). Just saying that shlt would not be easy.
              Also imho, SRL gets too much love for beating
              Hagler (barely and in Haglers last fight. When fighters are usually at their worst).
              Hearns, who lost to Hagler. That Hagler smashes SRL. That's why SRL said ''I will never fight that man (until I'm sure he's done)''
              1-1 with Duran (who also gets too much credit.
              And finally, Super Hyped Benitez. Ran up a win streak against some sorry looking opponents
              Once Benitez reached a certain level, he got exposed.

              ''One win vs Hearns = 100 May wins !!!!''

              Ok, ''One win vs ''Green'' Nelo = 100 #3 ATG wins !!!'' if that's the formula.

              PBF/May schools Duran almost as badly as Hearns did. The Hearns that demolished Duran would get schooled vs PBF. No way do those telegraphed rights land

              If ''that guy'' is universally considered #3 ATG, May must be God Level.

              And yes, FCK FEELINGS
              Lol, feelings were hurt.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post

                Lol, feelings were hurt.
                In any event, if ''that guy'' is #3 ATG, May is God Level

                Comment

                Working...
                X
                TOP