Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: Even If It Was A Knockdown Against 'Mean Machine,' Whoop-De-Do! He Got Knocked Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The youngster Vergil Ortiz knocked out Mean Machine too. And it took him less time to do it than Crawford.

So there's that.
    Fists_of_Fury likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      The youngster Vergil Ortiz knocked out Mean Machine too. And it took him less time to do it than Crawford.

So there's that.
      indeed but mean machine also buckled Ortiz and had he holding on huggy style

Comment

So there's that.
        You can't really believe that Kavaliauskas emerged from the Crawford fight the same fighter that he was before taking the beating Crawford administered. Can you?

Comment

The previous KO'd victims of Bud all would beat Porter:

1. Brook (done)
          2. Khan
          3. Horn
          4. Kavaliauskas
          5. Benavidez Jr.
          6. Indongo

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
            It does matter because it would had changed the dynamic of the fight and the mental process during that episode.
            That's a stretch. Mean Machine should've gotten credit for dropping Bud, but the outcome of the fight was not altered by the ref's bad call.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis2 View Post
              The previous KO'd victims of Bud all would beat Porter:

1. Brook (done)
              2. Khan
              3. Horn
              4. Kavaliauskas
              5. Benavidez Jr.
              6. Indongo
              Wow, no respect at all for Porter. I sure wouldn't mind seeing Sean in there with the Mean Machine though. That would be something, though I wonder if Vergil broke something in Mean Machine.

Comment

​What loser is even still talking about that bogus and debunked slip from Egidijus Kavaliauskas? What a lame thread by the boxingscene, its 2021 about to be 2022 in a few weeks ; pick up the slack.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post

That's a stretch. Mean Machine should've gotten credit for dropping Bud, but the outcome of the fight was not altered by the ref's bad call.
                  I am not saying that the outcome would had changed but an eight count and a acknowledgement that it was a knockdown at that time does changes the dynamics a bit.

Comment

Some of you guys are missing the point (and so is Crawford).

Crawford would get more respect if he came out and said, "you know, the ref SHOULD have called that a knockdown, Kavaliauskas caught me with a good shot, I need to do better not to get caught with that. I lost my temper and started fighting dirty, and I know I need to do better."

But instead he overlooks a key moment that shouldn't have happened.

It doesn't matter that, after holding and hitting and a ref allowing you to do so, that you got a stoppage.

The bottom line is you got dropped by a guy nobody can pronounce the name of. And that hangs over you, especially since right after that, the ghost of Kell Brook won EVERY round against you with a jab, and damn near closed your eye.

That means you're showing signs of decline. That matters.

Porter, on the other hand, is showing signs of improvement, given he was razor close to beating prime Spence and shut out Formella in amazing fashion.

The media is doing the right thing questioning these situations where it's obvious the guy is declining.
                    LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

So there's that.
                      And Kavaliauskas straight up told Ortiz that Crawford's power isn't even close.
                      Fists_of_Fury and LAchargers373 like this.

Comment

Working...
                      X