Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson Punishes, Stops Jamel Herring in Tenth, Wins WBO Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronx2245
    replied
    Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
    I don't think Shakur will be tested until he comes to 135. 130 is a dead division, only other fighter is Valdez which i don't rate highly either. All the fast, strong, athletically gifted fighters at at 135 at the moment.
    Chris Colbert is just as fast, and athletically gifted, as Shakur Stevenson!

Leave a comment:

• Billevans
    replied
    Very very impressive. Fights well moving forward and back. Incredible defense and ring IQ. At 135 he will be a problem. Stylistically speaking it would be interesting to see him fight Valdez and then move up and open 135 vs Loma.

Leave a comment:

• richardt
    replied
    Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post

Stevenson beat the guy that had the belt like he was supposed to. You'll find another excuse when he beats a younger fighter the same way.
    I would say that this was a truly 100% impressive performance by Stevenson. His ring IQ and talents should net him a top 10 PFP ranking at some point not too far down the line and maybe even higher that just somewhere in the top 10. Few fighters can neutralize all the opponent's strengths and Stevenson is one of them.
    Last edited by richardt; 10-24-2021, 01:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• joseph5620
    replied
    Originally posted by Corelone View Post

This here. He got kod by mini Shak, so they put him on pablum. Beating up old men doesn't make you better, it only hides the flaws.
    Stevenson beat the guy that had the belt like he was supposed to. You'll find another excuse when he beats a younger fighter the same way.

Leave a comment:

• joseph5620
    replied
    Originally posted by ajamudc View Post
    Wow, you guys must really hate Stevenson. You will disrespect a champ making his seventh defense of the title and even a whole division just so you don't give Shakur any credit.

Was the stoppage warranted? No, not by my eyes. But, if he dominated the fight, why are we focusing on the ref and not how good Shakur looked? Everyone is not a knockout artist and Herring is a tough, durable, prideful champ. I don't think anyone expected him to knockout Herring.

​​​​​​​Obviously, it should be Shakur and Valdez next, but this is boxing so who knows if the fight gets made.
    My thoughts exactly.

Leave a comment:

• greeneye99
    replied
    Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post
    it’s clear the ref had an agenda.. he wanted the fight stopped when he took Herring to the doctor.. there was no reason to stop this fight other then having a clear ulterior motive for betting money purposes

[

QUOTE=Lefty0616;n31146385]

I am tired of today's referees trying to make it all about themselves. It all started with irritating Kenny Bayless. They get more camera time than the boxers. They are in every shot/every angle - and they still mess up. While Herring was getting beat, there was no need for the referee to stop that fight when he did. Today's referees and refereeing style really needs to be investigated. They are interfering with the outcomes of fights.
    [/QUOTE]

The Ref did what he thought was right
    No other reason
    Oh Wow
    Like there was a Huge betting interest in this matchup
    Please Stop with the Conspiracy theories

Leave a comment:

• adeathnote
    replied
    Ridiculous performance from Shakur. Dude doesn’t get touched and lands at will. He’ll clean out this division, move up and probably do it again.

Leave a comment:

• RomanReigns2
    replied
    Shakur Stevenson is the real deal

Leave a comment:

• ajamudc
    replied
    Wow, you guys must really hate Stevenson. You will disrespect a champ making his seventh defense of the title and even a whole division just so you don't give Shakur any credit.

Was the stoppage warranted? No, not by my eyes. But, if he dominated the fight, why are we focusing on the ref and not how good Shakur looked? Everyone is not a knockout artist and Herring is a tough, durable, prideful champ. I don't think anyone expected him to knockout Herring.

​​​​​​​Obviously, it should be Shakur and Valdez next, but this is boxing so who knows if the fight gets made.

Leave a comment:

• PBR Streetgang
    replied
    I struggled through the card. One problem is that ESPN has commercials and long-winded narrations by Kriegel and Osuna and way too much talking in general. Sprinkled amongst the talking and commercials were a few supbar fights.

As for the main event, Herring looked like a shot fighter. His timing was off, his reaction to punches was off and he was either incapable or unwilling to change the pace and style of the fight.

Tats not to take away from Shakur, he's a talented fighter. Stevenson's skill, speed and youth played a part in Herring's performance but Herring is also shopworn.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X