POLL: IF Fury beats Whyte, Usyk and Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
    Definitely not ''A''TG

AJ and Fury would get brutalized in other eras. Usyk would fair better due to his overall skill level.

In order to be an ATG, a guy has to be able to kick ass across many eras.
    Lol based on what? Cause voices in your head tell you that? Fury would likely be H2H favorit over every HW in history.

Comment

I think so yes. Fury is an ATG HW.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

You have to really give the ALL TIME part consideration.

Who else, outside of this era, could Fury, AJ, Whyte (hahahaha) beat ?!?!?

Tua would kill them all for Christ's sake.
        Thing is you can't really make that argument because there's absolutely no way of objectively knowing who would win between fighters of different eras or generation - and that's even without figuring all the ways the sport has changed over the years... it just gets reduced to subjective nonsense. If you are going down the ATG route they only way to do it is by comparing how fighters did against their contemporaries and how their opponents were regarded at the time they fought.

Comment

Once you clean up your era, it's hard to argue against it.

​​

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
            Yes. Anyone who beats Dillian Whyte is automatically a top 10 ATG in my book. Forget about the Cruiserweight and the guy who lost to Fat Andy.

..More seriously I don't really deal in subjective tosh like 'ATG'. Let the boxing historians of the future argue over that nonsense when all those fighting today are well retired and we can get a more objective perspective on the full careers of not just the fighter in question but the complete picture on their opponents too. Too many biases at play - in both directions - to make a sober appraisal of any any active fighter relative to past greats.

By my estimation Fury is the best Heavyweight right now however and if he can beat Usyk, Joshua and Whyte and a coupla other mid top 10 dudes then I'd probably put him above Wlad which is pretty good going, but how many people got Wlad in their top 5 all time?
            Joshua has already destroyed whyte and he would do it again.......he also got destroyed by povetkin and povetkin got mulled by Joshua

Comment

He would be undoubtedly the best of this era but to put him next to Joe Louis , Muhammad Ali and Lennox Lewis ....I don’t think so

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
                Yes. Anyone who beats Dillian Whyte is automatically a top 10 ATG in my book. Forget about the Cruiserweight and the guy who lost to Fat Andy.

..More seriously I don't really deal in subjective tosh like 'ATG'. Let the boxing historians of the future argue over that nonsense when all those fighting today are well retired and we can get a more objective perspective on the full careers of not just the fighter in question but the complete picture on their opponents too. Too many biases at play - in both directions - to make a sober appraisal of any any active fighter relative to past greats.

By my estimation Fury is the best Heavyweight right now however and if he can beat Usyk, Joshua and Whyte and a coupla other mid top 10 dudes then I'd probably put him above Wlad which is pretty good going, but how many people got Wlad in their top 5 all time?
                "Boxing historians that argue over that nonsense" released an updated list in 2019. They have Wlad #18 and Vitali #19. https://www.ibroresearch.com/ibro-al...-ratings-2019/

Screenshot_20211023-103952.png
                Last edited by Pigeons; 10-23-2021, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post

"Boxing historians that argue over that nonsense" released an updated list in 2019. They have Wlad #18 and Vitali #19. https://www.ibroresearch.com/ibro-al...-ratings-2019/

Screenshot_20211023-103952.png
                  those people are reetards and always hype up the older eras. They rated dempsey and johnson as p4p higher than mayweather and pacquaio... based on what. that is such a joke. Those are clowns like that burt sugar guy always blowing up jack dempseys ass all the time. most of the boxers those guys fought in that era had day jobs at the factory. How is that indicative of more skill than running up through multiple weight classes of larger men. May and Pac ran up through multiple weight classes and dominated larger men who had the resources to fight full time and have dedicated fight camps with a team of experts behind them. Dempsey and Johnson were fighting farmers, plumbers and factory workers who basically trained themselves.
                  Last edited by elfag; 10-23-2021, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                    He would be undoubtedly the best of this era but to put him next to Joe Louis , Muhammad Ali and Lennox Lewis ....I don’t think so
                    - -Vitali sent Lewie scrambling into premature retirement. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post

those people are reetards and always hype up the older eras. They rated dempsey and johnson as p4p higher than mayweather and pacquaio... based on what. that is such a joke. Those are clowns like that burt sugar guy always blowing up jack dempseys ass all the time. most of the boxers those guys fought in that era had day jobs at the factory. How is that indicative of more skill than running up through multiple weight classes of larger men. May and Pac ran up through multiple weight classes and dominated larger men who had the resources to fight full time and have dedicated fight camps with a team of experts behind them. Dempsey and Johnson were fighting farmers, plumbers and factory workers who basically trained themselves.
                      They definitely overrate guys that have no video, only books written about them. With that said, farms created some of the strongest, toughest heavyweights of all time. Work muscle > gym muscle any day of the week. At the same time boxing isn't just about muscle.

Comment

Working...
                      X