Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Stevenson going to be the next big upset?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if herring wins, it wouldn't be an upset because Herring can fight and is a tough mf.
    NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

Herring is going to have to do a lot better than keep this close. He's not going to win a close one against an Olympian.

Neither man is a puncher so I expect this goes the distance. To win this, Herring will need to win at least 7 of the rounds overwhelmingly.

Comment

I hope so. The way they did Herring was wrong.

Comment

I don't know if SS will automatically gets rounds scored for him against a better opponent like he did the last one - literally doing nothing, even had to apologize to his fans.

Then that was followed up with MSG saying they didn't want to host his fight at their venues because he's too boring.

Maybe the idea that some of these prospects need to have the red carpet rolled out for doing nothing and showing up is winding down. Fans aren't packing the stadiums like they used to better be giving people a reason to watch. I'm hoping SS recognized that and comes out to show us something but he seems scary

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
            Herring is going to have to do a lot better than keep this close. He's not going to win a close one against an Olympian.
            Herring was the 2012 Olympic Team Captain.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
              Herring was the 2012 Olympic Team Captain.
              I don't think captain matters, wasn't Ra'shee Warren the captain for the USA team and came up the shortest career wise from his Olympic team?

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post

I don't think captain matters, wasn't Ra'shee Warren the captain for the USA team and came up the shortest career wise from his Olympic team?
                I gotcha. I was just trying to point out the fact that Herring was also an Olympian. Btw I agree with ya

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post

I gotcha. I was just trying to point out the fact that Herring was also an Olympian. Btw I agree with ya
                  **** dude I'm so drunk and high I don't remember typing this

Comment

I don't think so but I would love to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                      I’m on the fence about Stevenson. On one hand, his talent is obvious. His opponents barely win a round per fight. On the other hand, when you handle a fighter that’s obviously the “goods”, you fast track him to the top. Top Rank seems very reluctant to do that. Why?
                      Not a fan of Arum or TR but they do seem to develop their fighters at the best pace in my opinion. I agree that Shakur is incredibly talented; he's still young but he's fought risk averse against two guys he probably should have gotten out of there in Kahn Clary and Nakathila.

I don't think he loses to Herring (whom I like), he's just more skilled than Jamel but I'm not sure what Shakur's ceiling is.

Comment

Working...
                      X