Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia To Continue Career At 140 Pounds Following Loss To Sandor Martin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    Mikey Garcia vs. Mario Barrios! MAN UP!
    That would be a hell of a fight.
    Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Mikey is going to be very strong at 140

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post
        Atleast there was some good that came out of that humiliating performance,its about time. No reason to fight victor or zepeda,will not fight Jose Ramirez as theyre good friends and no incentive for Taylor to fight Mikey right now.

So that leaves Regis or Tank. The money wasn't there for Regis so why not do a Tank vs Mikey on PPV?? It"ll draw the Hispanic crowd and give tank his first legitimate win in 5yrs if he can pull it off.
        I’m sure the money for the Regis fight is there now. It would also be a good fight to get him back into the picture. Tank is currently busy with Rolly so that’s a no go

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

That would be a hell of a fight.
          I don't think Barrios is a "bum!" He's good, but maybe outgrew 140? I think MIkey should fight him at a catch-weight, just like he did last weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by PanchoGomez View Post

I’m sure the money for the Regis fight is there now. It would also be a good fight to get him back into the picture. Tank is currently busy with Rolly so that’s a no go
            I'm all for a Mikey/Regis matchup but I'm not sure DAZN is willing to fork out that kinda purse money to two guys without any belts/titles. I'd assume it would take at minimum $6mil between the two to get it done?

As far a Tank vs Mikey,I was thinking that could be done early next summer. Mikey could fit in a tune up against at decent 140lb in the meantime.
            Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Mikey should feel lucky that wasn’t Regis Prograis he was facing. I said from the start when that fight was being discussed that Mikey was going to get absolutely whooped. I just didn’t think he’d lose that bad to a no name.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                Mikey should feel lucky that wasn’t Regis Prograis he was facing. I said from the start when that fight was being discussed that Mikey was going to get absolutely whooped. I just didn’t think he’d lose that bad to a no name.
                Agree,THAT Mikey more than likely would've got stopped by Regis. With him stating he's going to campaign at 140 ,looks like his performance against Sandor was the wake up call he needed.

Comment

Mikey’s dreams of becoming a 5 division world champion are ruined.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                    Mikey is going to be very strong at 140
                    And stronger at 135. Because of his profile, he walks in to a Taylor fight but Taylor beats him. He has not lived the life in his last layoff, but that is not to say he can't. He is a magnificent talent and there is mega cash at 135. I mean, tank is going nowhere near Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post

I'm all for a Mikey/Regis matchup but I'm not sure DAZN is willing to fork out that kinda purse money to two guys without any belts/titles. I'd assume it would take at minimum $6mil between the two to get it done?

As far a Tank vs Mikey,I was thinking that could be done early next summer. Mikey could fit in a tune up against at decent 140lb in the meantime.
                      DAZN needs to come to grip with the fact that their "takeover" of boxing has failed in the colonies. Mikey v Regis is a Showtime fight period! It makes me laugh when I see people on this site advocate for DAZN and then turn around and complain why the big fights aren't happening. DAZN is the reason why the big fights aren't happening at 135 or 160 in America. They have come over here and completely fuqed up those two divisions. Tank v Ryan v Devin, Boots v Virgil, Jermall v Mungia v Andrade v 3G v Canelo are all typical Showtime fights. We have in America all grown up on Top Rank / Kingvision / Main events on HBO or Showtime. DAZN can't even make those fights on their own network. Devin isn't going to get a big fight unless he goes to TR or PBC. GBP isn't going to thrive unless the leave DAZN and go to Showtime. It's time for DAZN to realize they failed in the US and just be the European promoter. Even if Redhead comes back to do business after the Plant fight you're never going to get the Jermall or Benevidez fights on your network. Those are Showtime fights. So please just go away and leave the yanks alone.
                      Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X