No announcement yet.

How badly does Calzaghe batter Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike ruler View Post

Chad Dawson, Carl Froch, Arthur Abraham etc. Are those guys C level? Did he cheat to beat them? lol
    Did you watch his fights? He got dirty vs anyone from the level of Bika on up. He was a tough, smart fighter. But yes, if you were Alexander Brand, Ward would just box with you. If you had any skills, he just decided to make it a fight.

I wouldn't say he 'cheated' - I would say he was able to get away with a lot of the dark arts.

Comment

The clinching complaint is interesting. I wholeheartedly disagree that Chad was a hypejob. He was the #1 ranked Light Heavyweight, and was on P4P lists. But, when people like Wlad and Fury clinch as much as they did/do, it's considered tactical and strategic. Which is a notion I agree with. However, with Ward it's dirty.
      The thing with Dawson was he had to come down 7 pounds and looked like a shell of himself in that fight, with the rumors that he got KOed in sparring looking believable.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
        Smoking Joe has nothing for the GOAT. Respectfully.
        goat? Sheeshhhh

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

goat? Sheeshhhh
          You read it correctly.

G. O. A. T.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
            neither of them batter each other, its a dog fight with a razor close decision either way, depending on whos at home, it would be a fight argued about for years probably
            End thread
            Smash and like this.

Comment

Chad Dawson, Carl Froch, Arthur Abraham etc. Are those guys C level? Did he cheat to beat them? lol
              Kessler...

Comment

Ward wins 116-112. Good fight though, I just think Ward is too technically sound for Joe.

Comment

Ward wins easy. Calslappy struggled vs 50 year old Hopkins. Ward is a younger version of Bhop with faster hands.

Comment

He wouldn’t.

He’d lose easily.

Comment

Ward wins wide

Comment

Working...
                      X