Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matchroom FC just can’t accept the fact that Fury is by far and away the best Heavyweight in the world.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inspired View Post

I didnt realise it was a serious question that required an answer.answe
    I saw the 90s/early 00s era. Got to watch nas, lennox but never live because they would fight in america. Uncles were into boxing and we would watch these big fights on vhs the next day because theyd record them for us.

We lived in cheetham hill manchester back in the late 90s..cant even remember the yr anymore but tyson fought in the MEN. 5mins from us. Uncles, brother went to that. I was pissed off i didnt get to go.

I didnt take too much interest outside of that. I was all about manyoo.
    When we first got 56k phone line internet, i remember going on yahoo chatrooms and got into a boxing one. Thought it was cool to talk to americans about boxing, they were all rjj fans and got me to start watching his fights. Again, i used to get them on vhs. Some yanks were arguing with me over my view that lennox was an all time great. Their argument was that he ducked prime tyson and wouldnt even come close to a prime foreman, ali, frazer etc. Then he got beat by rahman right after and these yanks were having a field day.
    nothing has changed.

I started getting more into boxing when hatton fought may and pac. Calzaghe had big fights, haye beat valuev...amir khan was kind of coming up.
    MUch of that is because of online streaming.

I watched chisora vs fury 1 on channel 5.
    I was def dumb back then because i thought these guys would be danny williams/audley harrison level fighters. The idea of either of them going on to challenge the klitschko's seemed like a pipe dream.

​​​the real turning point was haye-chisora in germany, and amir khan getting battered by danny garcia. The drama around all that woth kell brook coming up aswell made it entertaining. To tell you the truth i hated eddie hearn back then aswell.
    Fair enough mate, thought must’ve been a newer fan.

What’s made you support Hearn in recent years?

My biggest issue with Matchroom is they never re-invest back into the sport. They’re just running the well dry with British boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Fair enough mate, thought must’ve been a newer fan.

What’s made you support Hearn in recent years?

My biggest issue with Matchroom is they never re-invest back into the sport. They’re just running the well dry with British boxing.
      The hearn stuff came when eubank jr vs ggg fell through and kell got it. The whole amir vs canelo aftermath with the focus on brook's next move. I thought eddie was on point on everything back then and though he was/is smug, i realised he is entertaining, funny..but he is more open with questions from ifl. So basically subbing to ifl.
      then came his gradual move to the US and a the drama that ensued.
      Hes/its all been entertaining for sure. A real life life soap opera.

These days its a bit basic and boring.

​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post

On a one win streak after being stopped cold on his face by a grandpa with one foot out of the sport. He’s irrelevant.
        So who should Fury fight in you opinion, except Usyk -AJ winner?

Comment

Fury will fight the following, probably in this order, and put all of this nonsense to bed:

Whyte/the winner of Whyte vs Wallin, the winner of Usyk vs Joshua (Usyk) plus the inevitable rematch, the loser of Usyk vs Joshua (Joshua), the loser of Whyte vs Wallin (Wallin) and finish of with a fourth defeat of Wilder if Wilder earns the chance.

There's 6 fights, you may have mandatory challengers in the running too, perhaps?

Fury will then retire unbeaten and go down as one of the best heavyweights of all time.

There isn't anyone in this division with the skills to beat him. The only person that can beat Fury is Fury, and he seems to have a real handle on his Bipolar Disorder these days.

Imo he's the best heavyweight I've seen since I saw Ali fight when I was a kid. Fury has taken a lot of influences from him and it shows.

Comment

Working...
          X