Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia On Loss To Sandor Martin: 'No Big Deal, It's Not End Of World'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He should care if he plans to continue to box. This will hurt his marketability because he lost to a no name fighter, Prograis would surely beat him with that performance and attitude.
    PanchoGomez likes this.

Comment

Hopefully nobody gives him anymore fights and we'll see how quickly he starts to care.
      PanchoGomez likes this.

Comment

Sounds like it's a big deal the way he keeps rambling

Comment

Mikey comes across as a dude whose heart isn't really into the sport.

Of course there's nothing wrong with losing, picking yourself up, and coming back stronger.

But he never should have lost to Sandor Martin. That just shows a half-ass effort to train and a lack of fire and desire.

Comment

Now look, I understand that boxing is a different animal. But I really do agree with most everything he said.

In boxing, you can start off 30-0, get KO'd by a good shot in fight 31, and then all of a sudden that fighter has been exposed, is a bum and is/was overrated.

Only in boxing are we so quick to dismiss a fighter. They don't even do this in MMA. One day you're one of the best in the world, and the next you're a washed up bum who doesn't have it anymore because you lost.

In the NBA, the best team of all-time, the 95'/96' Bulls -- they lost 13 times that season (10 times in the regular season and 3 in the postseason). In the NFL you can lose 7 football games in a season and still win the Superbowl (see the 08' New York Giants).

In Major League Baseball if you only lose SIXTY games in a season, then you just had a phenomenal year. Because that means you won a hundred games.

Again, yeah, boxing is different. I agree. It's a different world. That said, you can have an off night in boxing the same exact way you can in basketball. Or football. I agree with Mikey 100% that a loss is not the end of the world. Nor does it mean you're a bum or that your career is over now.

Comment

It used to be that promoters would pitch and sell fights for maximum profit and fighters fought for supremacy. Today everything is turned around, the fighter is the promoter. Today's fighters get in the ring purely for low risk high profit while holding up their unbeaten record as a way to market the false appearance of invincibility.

It's marketing BS, it always was but now even the the sanctioning bodies are in on it, they promote, change rules and invent belts based upon how much is going into their coffers.

In Mickey's case he lost to a guy he was supposed to mow over and he doesn't care because Mickey is a paycheck player with no aspirations to be the best just the best businessman.

PanchoGomez likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                Mikey had a great career but now it's time for him to call it a career and retire. He just doesn't have fighting in him anymore. The hunger and passion he once had for the sport is gone and is no longer there.

He is just a mercenary boxer at this point who is only taking fights for the money. His performance against Sandor Martin was very reminiscent of Erik Morales' performance against Zahir Raheem. Just as Sandor Martin was; Raheem was another over matched opponent.

It was also a fight in which Erik Morales lost. His career went downhill after that fight. He was never the same fighter again. So Mikey needs to retire now while he have both his faculties and money in tact..
                Lol what? Morales still had a decent career. He arguably beat maidana and Danny Garcia. Whereas Raheem ended up getting knocked out two fights later

Comment

I Luv when a MF’er who just got beat try to sell his loss on the fans and believers behind them, with some what logic that’s manipulating as well. Get yo fat ass in the gym and put down them beef burritos, and instead of being ringside for everyone else fight go to the got dam gym also! That just about sum the BS up.
                  PanchoGomez likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Now look, I understand that boxing is a different animal. But I really do agree with most everything he said.

In boxing, you can start off 30-0, get KO'd by a good shot in fight 31, and then all of a sudden that fighter has been exposed, is a bum and is/was overrated.

Only in boxing are we so quick to dismiss a fighter. They don't even do this in MMA. One day you're one of the best in the world, and the next you're a washed up bum who doesn't have it anymore because you lost.

In the NBA, the best team of all-time, the 95'/96' Bulls -- they lost 13 times that season (10 times in the regular season and 3 in the postseason). In the NFL you can lose 7 football games in a season and still win the Superbowl (see the 08' New York Giants).

In Major League Baseball if you only lose SIXTY games in a season, then you just had a phenomenal year. Because that means you won a hundred games.

Again, yeah, boxing is different. I agree. It's a different world. That said, you can have an off night in boxing the same exact way you can in basketball. Or football. I agree with Mikey 100% that a loss is not the end of the world. Nor does it mean you're a bum or that your career is over now.
                    However Basketball and baseball have playoff systems so sh$t like this doesn’t happen. You gotta make the playoff to win the World Series.

In boxing Andy Ruiz won the World Series without even being in the playoff ( Mikey’s case was like a one game playoff and Sandor got in)
                    Mike D likes this.

Comment

DISAGREE: it IS a big deal, Mikey. His career has been Horribly mismanaged. I get why Anyone would wana get away from Arum but, mike would've got more $ in hindsight, or with ANY promotion. He's wasted SO many prime fighting years and now he's on the old side. It's a wrap, bud.

Comment

Working...
                      X