Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder's Trainer Says Equilibrium Was Never The Same After Third Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I alluded to this eqilibrium issue in this thread: https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...-get-hit/page6 - in post #60 ...

Comment

the solution to this is simple, wilder needs to train with his equilibrium off to build resistance to this issue

Comment

I've been watching some snippets of the interview Scott gave to IFLTV the day after the fight. Haven't watched it all as it's a long one, but I thought Scott came across well.

Comment

Originally posted by IRONCHINHAGLER View Post
          get ur point..but if Fury had decided to be aggressive and come foward at Wilder in the 1st fight like he did in the last 2 fights - the outcome would have been the same jab or no jab - Ko. Dont see how u would disagree with that.
          Fury simply respected Wilder's power more in the first fight after all that time off. I'd like to settle on that point because as you mentioned, Fury simply walked him down in the last two fights. Once you've been dropped by him and got up from what most would call a "death blow" from Wilder and finished the fight on his feet (in a strong fashion)....what else is there to be aware of or respect from Wilder?

Fury got back up in round 12 and traded with Wilder and landed a few big shots...may have won the round back. If anything, Fury "found something" when he got up and punched with Wilder...Wilder didn't know what to do with himself but he cruised and finished the final round.

That's where I'm coming from. Hope that wasn't too much. I see your point as well...but I don't believe Fury knew he could walk him down until he got up and did it.
          Last edited by MeanestNiceGuy; 10-21-2021, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post

Fury simply respected Wilder's power more in the first fight after all that time off. I'd like to settle on that point because as you mentioned, Fury simply walked him down in the last two fights. Once you've been dropped by him and got up from what most would call a "death blow" from Wilder and finished the fight on his feet (in a strong fashion)....what else is there to be aware of or respect from Wilder?

Fury got back up in round 12 and traded with Wilder and landed a few big shots...may have won the round back. If anything, Fury "found something" when he got up and punched with Wilder...Wilder didn't know what to do with himself but he cruised and finished the final round.

That's where I'm coming from. Hope that wasn't too much. I see your point as well...but I don't believe Fury knew he could walk him down until he got up and did it.
            Nice observation and angle Bro..could have been Fury”s mindset after the 1st fight.

Comment

2 truths:
              Wilder can't outbox Fury.
              Fury weighed 270+ the past 2 fights.
              You ain't gotta hit hard with that much weight & Fury's technique would stop most heavies of today

Comment

Did you enjoy the fight? I'm glad I bought it. Still think Fury is a dirty fighter, holding behind the head and upper-cutting, clinching and putting all his weight on Wilder, and of course, the big one, open-handed palm strikes to the ear in the many clinches. Wilder didn't do himself any good IMO by lifting heavy weights and adding a lot of muscle without doing the cardio or other things necessary to get increased oxygen to the muscle to keep it viable. It also may have slowed him a bit. The speed of his strike is as crucial to his KO ability as his power. If they ever fight again, I'll buy it again. Fury is a difficult puzzle but I still think Wilder has the potential, if everything is right, to beat him. He needs to take Fury's ear strikes out of the equation because they are effective as hell. He seems to have mastered making a tight seal over Wilder's ear and doing damage with the pressure in his ear canal. He learned this from the Ruiz/Joshua fight and I think he will continue to use it. There aren't that many fights where a fighter has blood coming out of his ear and Wilder has had it coming out the same ear 2 fights in a row. This isn't by chance. Fury is targeting him with strikes in the clinch to do this on purpose. Not sure if Wilder could let his dreadlocks loose down the side of his head and try to make it harder for Fury to get that tight seal on his ear canal that I believe is messing with his equilibrium or not, but it might be worth a try. Go Team Wilder!

Comment

I would love it for Tyson Fury to fail a steroid test now. Imagine the **** storm

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
                    the solution to this is simple, wilder needs to train with his equilibrium off to build resistance to this issue
                    No, Wilder needs to learn how to disable his opponent before his opponent disables him.
                    Smash likes this.

Comment

Scott is abolutely right. Wilder's equilibrium was never the same after the third round.... of the second fight. Boom, boom.

Never been the same since.

Comment

Working...
                      X