Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lopez vs. Kambosos Made Official: November 27 at Hulu Theater, DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    Originally posted by HOF Hater View Post

    Canelo has fought like 4 straight undefeated champions. What the FUCK are you going on about
    You seem sincerer but obviously you watch boxing from a distance and that's OK, probably better that you do. For me, it's more than just another sport to catch between football.

    Again, I don't doubt your sincerity but if you don't know, you just don't know.

    Comment


    • #42
      Lopez and Kambosos are going through the longest training camp in history.

      Comment


      • #43
        let the hulu hoops boys fight it out

        Comment


        • #44
          Originally posted by factsarenice View Post

          You seem sincerer but obviously you watch boxing from a distance and that's OK, probably better that you do. For me, it's more than just another sport to catch between football.

          Again, I don't doubt your sincerity but if you don't know, you just don't know.
          It's comically easy to pick apart ANY RESUME. Hell if you go back and look at Floyd Mayweather he literally has, on paper, like 5-6 good opponents. Yes, he apparently holds some record for champion opponents but in the 4-5 belt era that record is hollow. The same thing can be done for cherry-picking Manny who had a knack for catching fighters right when they started their decline.

          You can even say Canelo lost to Lara, Trout, and both GGG fights and he's still the best fighter today. Canelo fights the most often, does not hide behind promotional banners, does not make big deals about weight, drug testing, glove choice, etc. There's very little to dislike about Canelo other than, sometimes, he fails to separate himself from his opponents.

          The Top PFP fighters today are Crawford, Inoue, and Canelo. Any order you have those three is fine but no other boxer today performs like they do on a consistent basis. And ALL of them go for the kill if they can get it...something to admire.

          In these past two years Lopez has shown he's nothing like Canelo, Inoue, or Crawford. I pray he turns it around and returns to being active because him and Loma are apparently the only ones willing to fight ANYONE out of Tank, RyGa, and Haney. But his complete unwillingness to rematch Loma suggests a lack of confidence and fear of loss in a rematch...doesn't make much optimism for fights against Tank or RyGa.

          Haney is a KTFO waiting to happen. Linares had Haney OUT but the REF was bought and paid for and made sure Haney could UFC hug his way to victory

          Comment


          • #45
            Originally posted by factsarenice View Post

            Lopez said he's not fighting Haney and that blows out your entire argument but hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.


            There is no needle to move....today, right now, the vast majority opinion is that Teofimo is ducking Lomachanko. That's the reality.
            There is no way to spin it, Teofimo wants to fight anyone but Lomachanko, even if it means a nobody for less.

            Frankly, do a poll ask anyone you like, the vast majority today say that Teo is ducking the rematch. The only part that's opinion is that I personally think they are right.
            The fathers were both pushing to keep the trash talk going - me thinks they are building a fight - saying you're never going to fight the guy has always been part of the game.

            RE A POLL: As far as fight fans, committed to the fight game enough to write on a boxing forum, you are certainly correct - no need to do a poll - but we make up such a small universe - it is what the casuals think (the sports fan) that make a $100 pre-round club fight into a million dollar PPV extravaganza - it is with this crowd that Loma's time may have come and gone. Especially when you consider the Loma-Lopez fight wasn't pay per view, so millions of casual may have gotten their first and maybe their last look at Loma (which was a lack-luster performance.)

            Too often guys on this forum try to understand or predict what will happen outside the ring through the prism this forum creates. What is written or thought here seldom reflects the attitude of the majority of sports fans. (That is why we use the term 'casuals in a negative way.)

            The 'Lopez is ducking Loma' isn't an issue that comes up while they're watching a football game.

            And if it is being discussed at all among the sports fans - there are millions more Latinos than 'Russians' in the USA so the bias likely leans towards Lopez's side of the argument anyway.

            Loma has got to do more than claim imjustice - that will not get him in the ring with Lopez, he needs to move the needle.

            You're correct again these are just both our opinions.

            Comment


            • #46
              Originally posted by HOF Hater View Post

              Typical boxing casual. You are garbage and the sooner Covid gets your the better.

              This is an incredible fight. The "bad blood" between these two is VERY REAL now. Can't wait.
              What a disgusting clown you are. Wishing someone death because they don't like this yeah fight. Must be a teo fangirl.
              eco1 likes this.

              Comment


              • #47
                Originally posted by brown_knight06 View Post

                What a disgusting clown you are. Wishing someone death because they don't like this yeah fight. Must be a teo fangirl.
                Not wishing death brother but a wake-up call. Life's too short to be running around with PBC pom poms

                Comment


                • #48
                  Originally posted by factsarenice View Post

                  If Loma beats Commey and Teo refuses a rematch at 135... the vast majority will consider it a duck. You don't have to agree with it but that's the way it will go.
                  Lol oh ok because you say so it's true. Unless Lomachenko knocks out Commey in devastating fashion in under 3 rounds it does nothing. Yeah man Teos ducking Lomachenko when he already beat him once he's got bigger fights to go after at this point Loma trying to rebuild himself at the moment by the time he's ready Teo will be at 140 they have made it clear the weight has been hard to make since before he fought Commey go read the articles and watch the interviews the proof is there. It's not a duck when your body can't make the weight anymore you seem to forget that Loma started at 126 and went up a few division so what makes you think Teo can stay at 135 forever? Did Lomachenko stay at 126 forever? His dad literally said they would fight Haney in February and then they are moving up but Haney's dad never showed up to the meeting with Bob Arum they only want it on DAZN that's a a true duck right there because Haney isn't contractually obligated to fight on DAZN if they really wanted to make the fight they can.

                  Willie Pep 229 likes this.

                  Comment


                  • #49
                    Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                    Lol oh ok because you say so it's true. Unless Lomachenko knocks out Commey in devastating fashion in under 3 rounds it does nothing. Yeah man Teos ducking Lomachenko when he already beat him once he's got bigger fights to go after at this point Loma trying to rebuild himself at the moment by the time he's ready Teo will be at 140 they have made it clear the weight has been hard to make since before he fought Commey go read the articles and watch the interviews the proof is there. It's not a duck when your body can't make the weight anymore you seem to forget that Loma started at 126 and went up a few division so what makes you think Teo can stay at 135 forever? Did Lomachenko stay at 126 forever? His dad literally said they would fight Haney in February and then they are moving up but Haney's dad never showed up to the meeting with Bob Arum they only want it on DAZN that's a a true duck right there because Haney isn't contractually obligated to fight on DAZN if they really wanted to make the fight they can.
                    If Loma can dominate Commey he will put himself in position to force a rematch after whomever Lopez fights and we assume bests next.

                    But we agree he needs to dominate Commey, he can't win a competitive close decision, it just won't carry the necessary narrative that Lopez needs to prove himself a second time against Loma. Loma will look like he has slipped.

                    Loma did much damage to his reputation and perceived prowess when he went into a shell for the first six round with Lopez.

                    If Loma does look great against Commey he will be viewed as deserving of another shot . . . He may end up with the Haney fight, and then a second shot at Lopez.

                    Loma struggles with Commey he will begin to slip off the radar.




                    Comment


                    • #50
                      Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

                      If Loma can dominate Commey he will put himself in position to force a rematch after whomever Lopez fights and we assume bests next.

                      But we agree he needs to dominate Commey, he can't win a competitive close decision, it just won't carry the necessary narrative that Lopez needs to prove himself a second time against Loma. Loma will look like he has slipped.

                      Loma did much damage to his reputation and perceived prowess when he went into a shell for the first six round with Lopez.

                      If Loma does look great against Commey he will be viewed as deserving of another shot . . . He may end up with the Haney fight, and then a second shot at Lopez.

                      Loma struggles with Commey he will begin to slip off the radar.



                      I can agree with that if he beats up Commey for 12 rounds maybe there would be interest in the rematch but I just don't see Teo staying at 135 for longer than 6 months. Maybe if Teo went up to 140 and got the belts Loma would move up to try and make history. I don't believe there has ever been a 4 division Ukrainian champion correct me if I'm wrong I honestly don't know but I don't think so.

                      Willie Pep 229 likes this.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP