Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd “TBE” Mayweather responsible for Canelos career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post

I personally don't think he improved dramatically. He's not fighting any Floyd Mayweather's which has everything to do with how he looks.
    That’s a fair point, however, his defense and his jab are remarkably different. He even uses the shoulder roll now lol

If you compare Canelos come forward style, jab and defense today to the canelo who fought Floyd it’s like they are different fighters

Comment

You could say yes, as Floyd was the first real good fighter he faced. But nel o learns from everyone he fa ces, shame before floyd he never fought anyone that good, unless you consider 40 year old ssm and trout that good.
      When nel o was beating bums, nel o !might have believed he was finished article. But facing Floyd green and drained he knew he still had a way to go
      Last edited by hugh grant; 10-20-2021, 03:01 PM.
      Cecin Cecin likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
        Canelo didn't realize how weight drained he already was at 154. After fighting at 152 that fact was crystal clear. He also realized that as the a-side he could do the same to others.

So, yes, Floyd had a lot of influence.
        If it was so clearly point out elements of the fight that showed he was drained compared to every fight he had up until that point,,, was he slower, did he tire quicker, did his punches have snap, tell me where he showed he was drained ?

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

If it was so clearly point out elements of the fight that showed he was drained compared to every fight he had up until that point,,, was he slower, did he tire quicker, did his punches have snap, tell me where he showed he was drained ?
          What took you so long?? You're slippin

As I said, he had been draining himself for quite some time. All elements of his game were compromised.

If you think the 2 pounds meant nothing, both camps disagree.
          Cecin Cecin likes this.

Comment

What took you so long?? You're slippin

As I said, he had been draining himself for quite some time. All elements of his game were compromised.

If you think the 2 pounds meant nothing, both camps disagree.
            You said it was clearly seen I asked to point out where, it appears that you cant.

His stamina was more than his previous fights, his punches were snappy, would you like to compare how he was in the ring on the night compared to other CW guys like Lalonde, Cotto, Oscar,,,,,,,, not all CWs are the same and fans like to throw a blanket over them all when it suits their agenda, the point is IF its so clearly effected him point out where and you cant, that's how clear it is aye.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
              After that fight he improved dramatically, particularly his defensive skills

discuss
              Stfu man ydksab. Canelo looked the same after the Froid fight. It wasn’t until ggg 2 that he changed his style
              Cecin Cecin likes this.

Comment

You said it was clearly seen I asked to point out where, it appears that you cant.

His stamina was more than his previous fights, his punches were snappy, would you like to compare how he was in the ring on the night compared to other CW guys like Lalonde, Cotto, Oscar,,,,,,,, not all CWs are the same and fans like to throw a blanket over them all when it suits their agenda, the point is IF its so clearly effected him point out where and you cant, that's how clear it is aye.
                "his punches were snappy", "His stamina was more than his previous fights"

Saying it doesn't make it so. He was weak and saying he wasn't compromised tells me you can't accept that Mayweather demanded a catchweight for a reason. Why do you think they refused the fight without a catchweight?

Canelo was a full weight class (~ 7 lbs) under his normal weight in the ring.
                Cecin Cecin likes this.

Comment

"his punches were snappy", "His stamina was more than his previous fights"

Saying it doesn't make it so. He was weak and saying he wasn't compromised tells me you can't accept that Mayweather demanded a catchweight for a reason. Why do you think they refused the fight without a catchweight?

Canelo was a full weight class (~ 7 lbs) under his normal weight in the ring.
                  You are just going around the nothing circle, point out where it showed so clearly we have the full fight on video we have every other fight on video leading up to that fight, the fact is he was sharper and lighter on his feet with more stamina than any previous fight that's how much it affected him, the thing that you don't understand is how a CW effects a guy and how much the style of the fight plays on it, that fight was pure boxing nothing physical at all that's why it hardly had any effect on him, he didn't need to be powerful he needed to to be fast because it was Mayweather not a big punching physical guy.

And again you cannot show anything to support that he was CLEARLY effected, your words lol, you don't know what you're talking about

“He’s very elusive, he’s a great fighter and that’s why I couldn’t catch him,” Canelo said after the fight. “I didn’t know how to get him. It’s as simple as that. He’s very elusive. He’s a great fighter.

“The frustration was getting in there. But simply he’s a great fighter. I didn’t want to lose. I didn’t want to leave here with a loss. But it happens and it hurts.”

Mayweather's clinic came against a much bigger man. Although Alvarez made the 152-pound catchweight limit Friday and Mayweather was 150½, Alvarez rehydrated to 165 on fight night while Mayweather lost a half-pound from the weigh-in.

But that added bulk made no difference, as Mayweather was his typically elusive self. His defense, as always, was tight, and his punches were fast.

"When I woke up [Saturday] morning, I was 146 pounds, so I had to call my chef and get something in my system," Mayweather said.
                  Last edited by Roadblock; 10-20-2021, 03:53 PM.

Comment

You are just going around the nothing circle, point out where it showed so clearly we have the full fight on video we have every other fight on video leading up to that fight, the fact is he was sharper and lighter on his feet with more stamina than any previous fight that's how much it affected him, the thing that you don't understand is how a CW effects a guy and how much the style of the fight plays on it, that fight was pure boxing nothing physical at all that's why it hardly had any effect on him, he didn't need to be powerful he needed to to be fast because it was Mayweather not a big punching physical guy.

And again you cannot show anything to support that he was CLEARLY effected, your words lol, you don't know what you're talking about

“He’s very elusive, he’s a great fighter and that’s why I couldn’t catch him,” Canelo said after the fight. “I didn’t know how to get him. It’s as simple as that. He’s very elusive. He’s a great fighter.

“The frustration was getting in there. But simply he’s a great fighter. I didn’t want to lose. I didn’t want to leave here with a loss. But it happens and it hurts.”

Mayweather's clinic came against a much bigger man. Although Alvarez made the 152-pound catchweight limit Friday and Mayweather was 150½, Alvarez rehydrated to 165 on fight night while Mayweather lost a half-pound from the weigh-in.

But that added bulk made no difference, as Mayweather was his typically elusive self. His defense, as always, was tight, and his punches were fast.

"When I woke up [Saturday] morning, I was 146 pounds, so I had to call my chef and get something in my system," Mayweather said.
                    Great interview

he made no excuses

zero delusion. Accepts total responsibility for how the fight played out

used the experience to become the best today

Comment

What units of measure are we using for "snappy" or for stamina? You watch a video and you are looking for what to support your contention that weight wasn't a factor??

I tell you quite factually that the Canelo facing Mayweather was about 7 pounds lighter than the Canelo who faced opponents Trout, Lopez and Mosley, even more for the 155lb version that came immediately afterward. You think that means nothing?

Mayweather fans are by nature a myopic breed.
                      Rec28 Rec28 Cecin Cecin like this.

Comment

Working...
                      X