Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd “TBE” Mayweather responsible for Canelos career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Floyd “TBE” Mayweather responsible for Canelos career?

After that fight he improved dramatically, particularly his defensive skills

discuss
    The Big Dunn and Pantera_ like this.

Yes his defense/slickness improved when he entered in his mid 20's due to that fight. His footwork improved after the Cotto fight as well. We saw that in the first Golovkin fight. I think he's the whole package now thats he's in his prime. He won't be slowing down anytime soon.
    Gypshot likes this.

Comment

No. If anyone is, it’s Oscar in all honesty.

The Floyd loss was huge for Canelo though, it forced him into evolving his game and he now has for more dimensions as a fighter. The Canelo who lost to Floyd was still a very good fighter- I don’t but into this “he was green” nonsense. However the 2021 Canelo is now a complete fighter. Imagine what this version of Canelo would do to a 150 lb fighter.

Comment

He hasn't improved, his competition has gotten worse. He vacated to avoid Charlo now but he's all about "unifying". He's a *****.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
          After that fight he improved dramatically, particularly his defensive skills

discuss
          I personally don't think he improved dramatically. He's not fighting any Floyd Mayweather's which has everything to do with how he looks.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
            No. If anyone is, it’s Oscar in all honesty.

The Floyd loss was huge for Canelo though, it forced him into evolving his game and he now has for more dimensions as a fighter. The Canelo who lost to Floyd was still a very good fighter- I don’t but into this “he was green” nonsense. However the 2021 Canelo is now a complete fighter. Imagine what this version of Canelo would do to a 150 lb fighter.
            Yep young Alvarez showed some of the best fight by fight improvements I seen

a true student of the game

Alvarez is very motivated at boxing

look at how happy he is to teach his stablemates boxing techniques

The man loves boxing. Boxing could use more guys with that level of dedication to the craft
            Cecin, Mike_b and Nash out like this.

Comment

Canelo didn't realize how weight drained he already was at 154. After fighting at 152 that fact was crystal clear. He also realized that as the a-side he could do the same to others.

So, yes, Floyd had a lot of influence.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post

The man loves boxing. Boxing could use more guys with that level of dedication to the craft
                I agree with all of this Grandpa Bernard. Viva la Mexico. Nash out. Nash is a tough competitor, a true warrior and a helluva poster who resides in England.

Comment

Canelo had GGG problems, Canelo had to age him out. The only thing that he's gotten better is masking his PED use.

Comment

I agree mate. Coming from a fighting family, it’s probably been instilled into him. I think like 6 or 7 of his siblings also boxed professionally.

Comment

Working...
                    X