Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dillian Whyte Suffers Shoulder Injury, Withdraws From Otto Wallin Fight 10/30 In London

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highly doubtful he suffered an injury. Someone from his team said, "Hey, why risk getting your chin checked. We can fake an injury and you'd still be the mandatory for the WBC belt." Smart business move, but poor character move.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
      There goes another possibility of winning nice money on Wallin...
      Indeed. I was going to lay some money on Wallin to win as well.

Comment

Fake injury. Happens all the time in boxing. Gives a sour note to a Fury-Whyte matchup.

Comment

Normally I believe fighters when they pull out of a fight cause of an injury (like Spence pulling out vs Pacquiao) because why wouldn't they want a payday.

But here it's fishy cause this isn't a big money fight that anyone is asking for and if Whyte can get Fury without risking it vs Wallin then it makes sense.

Truthfully Dillian Whyte deserves a title shot as it is and the Wallin fight was unnecessary

Comment

Originally posted by tophat1 View Post
            Lots of people expected this to fall through and whyte to move straight to fury
            Was always the smart move. WBC said their mandatory will be whoever is their Interim Champion when the mandatory it's called.

Made no sense for Whyte to still take a real fight vs Wallin. We may not like it, but that's reality.

Tyson Fury's move now.

If he throws away his belt, will he be called out on here?

Comment

I don't buy this and have cancelled Dazn 8 pm sounded ok but I see with the ppv platform that Hearn said wouldn't be where this is going ....with out me. Dillian is the fraud who he makes all the others out to be.
              Oldskoolg and Clive Davenport like this.

Comment

Would complete expose Hearn if Fury ignores Whyte mandatory. Every other major promoter is able to get alphabets to enforce. Eddie is great with rematch clause, back door deals to make Whyte PED tests magically go away and assuring UK judges gift decisions to his stable. But outside of the British territorial waters, he has no juice. Arum & Haymon make sanctioning bodies bow to them. They ignore Eddie like the annoying kid in the back of the class with no friends.
                Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

It was stupid to pick Wallin as his next opponent anyway.

Comment

Even UK boxing fans have to smell the stench from this fake injury. He should lose his mandatory shot.
                    Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      Will be interesting to see what the WBC does here. Was he made mandatory or if he beat Wallin he would then be made mandatory?

Shame, because I was really looking forward to this fight.
                      That's the question.
                      If Whyte v Wallin was also the final eliminator, not just voluntary interim defense, Sulaimoney will not let him off the hook.

Comment

Working...
                      X