Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson: I Don't Know Jamel [Herring]; It Ain't Like We The Best Of Friends

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson: I Don't Know Jamel [Herring]; It Ain't Like We The Best Of Friends

    Shakur Stevenson senses entirely too much has been made of his "friendship" with Jamel Herring. Stevenson considers Herring an acquaintance, not a friend, which is why their upcoming 130-pound title fight is strictly business to him. There's nothing awkward to Stevenson about boxing Herring on October 23 because the former WBO featherweight champion doesn't have a personal connection to Herring.
    [Click Here To Read More]

  • #2
    Based on their last performances I'm giving Herring a decent chance here. I hope he pulls it off anyway. I think Shakur needs to be taught how to do more than avoid being hit. If he was a little more willing to engage I think Shakur could great. He just needs to be humbled.
    PanchoGomez likes this.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Get em up View Post
      Based on their last performances I'm giving Herring a decent chance here. I hope he pulls it off anyway. I think Shakur needs to be taught how to do more than avoid being hit. If he was a little more willing to engage I think Shakur could great. He just needs to be humbled.
      Shakur has all the physical skills to be great but so did Andre Dirrel. Zab Judah, Amir Kahn, victor Ortiz, Naseem Hamed & Devon Alexander.
      What lacks in all of them is the “DOG” ie…. TENACITY…….Who has “the DOG” when things aren’t going their way??….. Andre Ward, Mayweather, Pacquaio, Juan Manuel Marquez, ERIC MORALES & Barrera.
      If your tremendously TALENTED, Its pretty damn EASY. Whats not easy is not being so talented but NEVER GIVING UP. That’s something that most very talented fighters NEVER experience but when they do U CAN SEE their HEART.
      Tithefox, Motofan and 3 others like this.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post

        Shakur has all the physical skills to be great but so did Andre Dirrel. Zab Judah, Amir Kahn, victor Ortiz, Naseem Hamed & Devon Alexander.
        What lacks in all of them is the “DOG” ie…. TENACITY…….Who has “the DOG” when things aren’t going their way??….. Andre Ward, Mayweather, Pacquaio, Juan Manuel Marquez, ERIC MORALES & Barrera.
        If your tremendously TALENTED, Its pretty damn EASY. Whats not easy is not being so talented but NEVER GIVING UP. That’s something that most very talented fighters NEVER experience but when they do U CAN SEE their HEART.
        I love how you put Erik Morales name in all caps. He was def a dog and one of my favorites.

        Zab is also one of my favorites , and maybe I’m bias but I’ve seen him dig deep quite a few times in his career. I’ve also seen him fold though, so not knocking you for using him as an example.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JLC View Post

          I love how you put Erik Morales name in all caps. He was def a dog and one of my favorites.

          Zab is also one of my favorites , and maybe I’m bias but I’ve seen him dig deep quite a few times in his career. I’ve also seen him fold though, so not knocking you for using him as an example.
          Zab might not be the best example. Yea Ive seen him dig deep at times but he had nothing to reach for. Some guys are pure ATHLETICISM but lack another boxing gear. I thought he was the answer to the Mayweather puzzle.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post

            Shakur has all the physical skills to be great but so did Andre Dirrel. Zab Judah, Amir Kahn, victor Ortiz, Naseem Hamed & Devon Alexander.
            What lacks in all of them is the “DOG” ie…. TENACITY…….Who has “the DOG” when things aren’t going their way??….. Andre Ward, Mayweather, Pacquaio, Juan Manuel Marquez, ERIC MORALES & Barrera.
            If your tremendously TALENTED, Its pretty damn EASY. Whats not easy is not being so talented but NEVER GIVING UP. That’s something that most very talented fighters NEVER experience but when they do U CAN SEE their HEART.
            Damn fine way to put it good post
            Tithefox likes this.

            Comment


            • #7
              Good on Shakur! I'm tired of that, "He my big brother." BS that started when Broner gained popularity. Jamel seems neutral and chill throughout the promotion, but I'm sure he'll show up prepared on Saturday night.

              Best of luck to both guys!

              Comment


              • #8
                I have a feeling that I would dislike anyone who was best of friends with a person like Shakur.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Why every time Shakur is quoted they make him sound like a 12 yr old kid who can’t speak the English language properly.

                  ”Is ain’t he’s friend naw sayin”

                  He doesn’t really talk like that does he?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Gypshot View Post
                    Why every time Shakur is quoted they make him sound like a 12 yr old kid who can’t speak the English language properly.

                    ”Is ain’t he’s friend naw sayin”

                    He doesn’t really talk like that does he?
                    He probably does talk like that, but that’s where a journalist is supposed to use their skills to weed out such extraneous, rambling stuff when writing their piece. A reporter isn’t supposed to be a stenographer who just includes every single “uh” and “you know” that’s said ,but that’s what Idec, who is obviously recording these interviews and quoting people verbatim, constantly does. You don’t have to use every quote, Keith, and you can paraphrase things to make them clearer.
                    Last edited by Roj; 10-19-2021, 12:50 PM.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP