Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Timothy Bradley Explains Why Crawford-Porter is a 50-50 Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

Comment

I was calling for this fight immediately after the Spence/Porter fight. Too bad it's taken 3 years + to get here ...still will be an excellent fight. I think Crawford has grown during that time while Porter may have peaked at the Spence fight. I hope Porter has trained as seriously for this fight as he did for the Spence fight. If e comes in with that conditioning and as complete a gameplan as that fight Crawford will get the test he deserves to finally find out how good he is or isn't.

After Spence/Porter I was sre Porter could KO Crawford. I am wayyyy less sure now, Crawford is definitely a consumate boxer. However, I'm still predicting Porter in an upset, with a KO possible. I believe the exact opposite could happen also .... lol. This is a great matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by MastaBlasta View Post
        I was calling for this fight immediately after the Spence/Porter fight. Too bad it's taken 3 years + to get here ...still will be an excellent fight. I think Crawford has grown during that time while Porter may have peaked at the Spence fight. I hope Porter has trained as seriously for this fight as he did for the Spence fight. If e comes in with that conditioning and as complete a gameplan as that fight Crawford will get the test he deserves to finally find out how good he is or isn't.

After Spence/Porter I was sre Porter could KO Crawford. I am wayyyy less sure now, Crawford is definitely a consumate boxer. However, I'm still predicting Porter in an upset, with a KO possible. I believe the exact opposite could happen also .... lol. This is a great matchup.

I can't see Porter stopping Crawford... his best chance would be out-working him, but to pull that off he would likely need to hurt Crawford early

that is his best hope

Crawford needs to approach this fight EXACTLY like Mayweather did with Mosley... but without over-playing it, like Mayweather did with Mosley

Crawford should fight Porter early... take it to him, and firmly establish the perimeter... stopping Porter from getting any momentum, forcing Porter to change his gameplan... turning that fight into a boxing match from the 2nd or 3rd round on

Mayweather over-played that strategy with Mosley, and got caught early... but that strategy worked a treat... Mosley insisted that Mayweather would run, and so did everyone else... but Mayweather planted his feet in the middle of ring and blunted Mosley's attack/gameplan right from the first bell... not over-playing that strategy is the key

BlakBread904 and MastaBlasta like this.

Comment

This may not be Hagler/Hearns but it may be as close as we're going to get. Phenomenal fight.
          MastaBlasta likes this.

Comment

This fight is 90/10 Crawford and I can even see Bud carrying Porter the last couple rounds instead of going for the ko.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

when has Porter ever been in a bad fight

Porter always shows up to fight and is well spoken and a class act.

I respect him a lot. Credit to Crawford for taking the test.

Comment

Originally posted by ifc View Post
                This fight is 90/10 Crawford and I can even see Bud carrying Porter the last couple rounds instead of going for the ko.

you can't be serious

nothing like that will happen

Comment

Working...
                X