Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Timothy Bradley Explains Why Crawford-Porter is a 50-50 Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can’t believe people actually enjoy watching porter. Hopefully Crawford retires him.

Comment

People saying Crawford hasn't been in with an elite welterweight - But I think mean machine was at least a very good maybe just sub-elite WW in their clash and I think that fight took a bit out of MM (and because of that it put a bit of polish on Ortiz' win)

On the other side, all these wars must have taken something out of Porter >> Brook, Spence, Ugas - so I'm seeing this 60-40 for Bud and it would be 65-35 except Bud is now the wrong side of 34. Thinking a late TKO for Bud or at least a knockdown leading to a close unanimous decision.

Should be a great fight. Can't weight.
      Last edited by SteveM; 10-19-2021, 09:02 AM.
      BlakBread904 and GhostofDempsey like this.

Comment

Porter is really just a tough guy with limited skills. He is very rugged and somewhat unconventional. Enough of this rubbish of him being skilled or rhythmic fighter, he is really just a one dimensional fighter who bumrushes you and hopes to overwhelm u with pressure. Anytime he steps up and fights an elite guy, he will more than likely loose as has been the case. If Crawford is elite and skilled as I assume, then he will have an easier time with Porter. Unlikely he will stop him but I think Crawford dishes out a great deal of punishment.
        Carpe Diem likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
          People saying Crawford hasn't been in with an elite welterweight - But I think mean machine was at least a very good maybe just sub-elite WW in their clash and I think that fight took a bit out of MM (and because of that it put a bit of polish on Ortiz' win)

On the other side, all these wars must have taken something out of Porter >> Brook, Spence, Ugas - so I'm seeing this 60-40 for Bud and it would be 65-35 except Bud is now the wrong side of 34. Thinking a late TKO for Bud or at least a knockdown leading to a close unanimous decision.

Should be a great fight. Can't weight.
          Consider, Formella was his last opponent, undefeated and tough as hell - and he washed Formella, arguably easier than Conor Benn did.

If anything, going to war has made Porter even more dangerous and Crawford NOT having been in wars since Gamboa may have made him comfortable. Especially since he's no longer the young cat he was back then.

Tim knows something about this. I covered this months ago when Shawn told the story about Tim telling him to go after Crawford. Tim knows something.

I'm telling you guys right now, if you want to put money down, you're likely going to lose it if you bet on Crawford getting a KO.
          Last edited by revelated; 10-19-2021, 09:40 AM.

Comment

crawford should win but his resume is trash so maybe he is not as good as we think.

He was dropped by a lithianian grub hub driver so anything could happen with porter pressing him.

Comment

I'm looking forward to this fight. I think this will be Crawford's toughest test, and it will tell us how much Porter has left in the tank. He has been in some rough fights, and his style is not conducive to longevity. Crawford is well preserved, but we all know he doesn't like it to the body, and that is where I see Porter pressing his attack if he wants this to be competitive.

Comment

I like both guys, but Crawford is sharper. Porter gets carried away and fights off balance. I think Bud will take advantage of this and score a few knock downs. Not sure if he can knock Porter out, tho
                BlakBread904 likes this.

Comment

This Gon be a war, Crawford too mean and hard headed, he gonna attempt to knock Porter out after letting himself be drug into a war.

The difference with Crawford and other fighters, he so skilled he can do it effectively.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
                    Timithy is just ESPN's version of Shawn Porter.
                    I always thought they are very similar, for some reason. Just something in my head mixes them up sometimes. Maybe that's the answer.

Comment

Porter's a nice guy and tough fighter but Crawford is too sharp for any welter right now. Porter must prove me wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X