Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury's Father: Does Joshua Ever Beat Tyson and Wilder? Definitely Not!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

I love prime Mike Tyson and I know this is arguably
    not a great HW era, nor can we even be 100% certain who is the best HW within it…

But anyone who thinks a guy with Fury’s dimensions and intelligence wouldn’t be a hard night’s work for any boxer of any era needs to look again.

I speculate that Fury’s the only HW from the present that might live with Prime Mike and that’s despite the fact that I’m banking on Usyk decisioning him when they face each other.
    Folks have to realize what this era is. This era is the era of the biggest heavyweights. A lot of trainers sought out huge men and converted them into boxers. A boxer such as Deontay Wilder is a prime example. He is not a traditional fan of the sport. He was converted into a boxer with the hope that he would do something special and make money for his investors. The gamble paid off. Fury is a big man that happens to have a background in boxing. But don't get it twisted, while Fury moves well for his size, he's an okay boxer that looks great only because the competition sucks. He probably gets handily beat by a lot of heavyweights from the 80s through 90s.

Comment

Fury is the best of this era and if that hurts going down then so be it. Having said that, he is not an all time great and would have been massacred in the 90s or the 60s/70s era…..as would wilder and Joshua. None of them would have gotten past top ten contender level.

Comment

John Fury was saying it was Joshua's corners fault a couple of weeks ago, now it's Joshua's heart not his corner.

Joshua can win in the rematch if he fights a smarter fight, that's what I say.

Comment

Matchroom Incels need to just move on from overrated Joshua and PED’d up mediocrity Whyte. They will only break your heart. Fall in manlove with a winner. Like … I dunno … maybe Tyson Fury?

Comment

Wilders punch resistance looks shot after this trilogy of fights, the last two in particular. He isn’t as good a boxer as AJ or a good boxer at all, to count out AJ against him is ridiculous.

Reactionary adults…

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_sh*t View Post

And who would you rate as Iron Mike's best win?
              Its always a prime Mike Tyson would destroy any fighter lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty0616 View Post

Folks have to realize what this era is. This era is the era of the biggest heavyweights. A lot of trainers sought out huge men and converted them into boxers. A boxer such as Deontay Wilder is a prime example. He is not a traditional fan of the sport. He was converted into a boxer with the hope that he would do something special and make money for his investors. The gamble paid off. Fury is a big man that happens to have a background in boxing. But don't get it twisted, while Fury moves well for his size, he's an okay boxer that looks great only because the competition sucks. He probably gets handily beat by a lot of heavyweights from the 80s through 90s.
                These are fair points, but I wasn’t exactly saying Fury was clearing out every HW division in history, just that he’d at least cause problems for everyone.
                Sayithowitisuk likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post
                  John Fury was saying it was Joshua's corners fault a couple of weeks ago, now it's Joshua's heart not his corner.

Joshua can win in the rematch if he fights a smarter fight, that's what I say.

The Furys change their mind from minute to minute

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
                    I think he beats Wilder (its borderline coin flip though) but not Fury. These fights need to happen regardless because speculation and assumption is not enough.
                    Joshua versus Wilder would be over, as the great Bert Sugar used to say, somewhere in between "Oh say," and "Can You See."

Comment

from the Bradley thread...

I give Usyk no chance of beating Fury, none... because he cannot contain him, and will struggle to hurt him

Fury is much more well-rounded as a fighter, and much more confident... than Joshua... he is also much longer, and he knows how to use that length

Wilder/Usyk is 50/50, with me slightly leaning toward Wilder

I am almost certain that Wilder would land betsy at some point in that fight, just like he did on EVERY other opponent... and I know that Usyk does not have the resilience of Tyson Fury

... I also give AJ no chance of beating Fury, and 50/50 chance to beat Wilder... with me slightly leaning toward Wilder...

... I am almost certain that Wilder would land betsy at some point in that fight, just like he did on EVERY other opponent... and I know that Joshua does not have the resilience of Tyson Fury... if he was gunshy with Usyk, imagine what he will be like with Wilder

Comment

Working...
                      X