Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ugas Voices Displeasure Over WBA Welterweight Box-Off, Campaigns For Showdown With Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post

Keith Thurman is retired. He hasn't fought in over two years. He has two fights total in the last 4 1/2 years. Forget about him. He got married, had a kid, and retired.

Danny Garcia is moving up to 154.
    While he only boxes for belts, money, and acclaim (and definitely not for the love of the sport), Thurman hasn't officially retired. And who is Garcia kidding. His power isn't effective at 154lbs

Comment

Who does this punk think he is.. he doesn’t get to call any shots as though he’s some king maker.. be real.. no one is checking for an Ugas fight.. EVER.. he beat an older injured Pac Man I guess.. kick rocks punk

Comment

i think every fan like every champion/belt holders wants to see unification fights and have undisputed champs but these organizations suck and keep messing stuff up. i hope spence recovers well and fights one of the top guys like crawford (if he beats porter which i think he will and well probably see a k0) or ugas!! i hope we get greats fights now that the guys are bucking the trend of fighting other top fighters in their prime.

Comment

Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post
          Who does this punk think he is.. he doesn’t get to call any shots as though he’s some king maker.. be real.. no one is checking for an Ugas fight.. EVER.. he beat an older injured Pac Man I guess.. kick rocks punk
          Guarantee you won't call him a punk to his face. He is well known throughout the PBC. He is a true champion and clearly whoopped the legend Pacquiao's ass. stop your excuses you broke butt hurt punk.

BendOver likes this.

Comment

I feel sorry for him. He should rematch Pacquiao, but Pac retired unfortunately.

I guess Ugas should defend his title against guys WBA wants him to, because nobody will fight him without his belt. he is no draw, but clearly a dangerous guy.

Comment

I do agree that he shouldn't be forced to fight Stanionis. I'm not sure what that kid ever did to earn a mandatory shot at the super champion. With that said, he should be forced to fight the James-Butaev winner (I have Butaev winning that fight on Oct. 30). Spence won't be available until mid-2022 anyway, and he might go for a tune-up first as well. Ugas beat a legend last time out, but Pacquiao was 43 years old coming off a 2 year layoff and fought every bit his age. The win is overrated. Ugas hasn't proven anything yet.
              Ugas hasn`t proven anything yet?

Lol, he already beat Pacquiao, Ramos, Dulorme, Jamal James, Ray Robinson. Arguably beat Porter. he is clearly top 5 guy.
              BendOver likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

Ugas hasn`t proven anything yet?

Lol, he already beat Pacquiao, Ramos, Dulorme, Jamal James, Ray Robinson. Arguably beat Porter. he is clearly top 5 guy.
                As I already stated, Pacquiao was 43 years old coming off a 2 year layoff.
                No one knows who the hell Abel Ramos is.
                Tomas Dulorme is a gatekeeper.
                Jamal James and Ray Robinson are average fighters.

So once again Ugas' resume is a 43 yr. old ATG coming off a 2 year layoff. And he's crying for special treatment? That's the problem with boxing, everyone wants to be treated with kid gloves.

Comment

I think this is the PBC's way of tying up Ugas so he gets nowhere near Errol Spence Jr .....my guess is he'll somehow lose in that tourney even though it seems the other guys have very little chance (wink wink)

PBC trying to protect Spence....and let's be honest what are they protecting? An overhyped guy that is most likely a shell of what he used to be.
                  BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

As I already stated, Pacquiao was 43 years old coming off a 2 year layoff.
                    No one knows who the hell Abel Ramos is.
                    Tomas Dulorme is a gatekeeper.
                    Jamal James and Ray Robinson are average fighters.

So once again Ugas' resume is a 43 yr. old ATG coming off a 2 year layoff. And he's crying for special treatment? That's the problem with boxing, everyone wants to be treated with kid gloves.
                    Everybody except the corrupt judges and you knows Ugas beat Shawn porter....smdh

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

It's not though. It's being termed that. If this title consolidation process was not happening, Ugas still had a mandatory against Stanionis regardless. But because this process is happening it is basically giving him back to back mandatories. The WBA could have handled this better by letting him clear his mandatory then unifying, before carrying on with consolidation.
                      Orgs don’t want unification. Unification = less money within that weight class. Yes they get their monthly dues however the real money is in the fighter fighting to defend their belt. A unified champion only causes that fighter to defend an org belt once every year and a half (because the fighter has to cycle through 4 belt defenses). Atlas has been screaming for years how boxing needs to be regulated and oversight at a National level. Enough of the state regulated BS. Clean up boxing before it becomes extinct!

Comment

Working...
                      X