Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Views Joe Joyce as The Biggest Threat, Says Warren

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fighter78 View Post

Lol.....yea..it'll take at least a month for those punches to arrive.
    hahaha he's super slow, but very impressive that he made it this far, because he was a very good amateur as well.

Comment

Originally posted by KidDinamita View Post

hahaha he's super slow, but very impressive that he made it this far, because he was a very good amateur as well.
      He may have been a good amateur but I still don't see him beating anybody besides the Daniel Dubois's of the world.....he should stay away from most heavyweights in my opinion....nobody will have trouble finding his chin and we don't know if his chin,is "granite" like some think because he's only faced Dubois....who's not a big puncher in most folks eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

You know why that is probably not true? He has made it this far... And by common laws of logic he is slow, does not have much of a punch, he should have been shown the error of his ways... But he hasn't.

Remember Marciano? He walked into the gym... trainer says "Jeez this guy has two left feet and their pointing in opposite directions", other trainer says "The guy is short and has no damn reach!" and even his punch looked more like a baboon coming up high, than a trained fighter...

I would not sell Joyce short.
        And you know why he hasn't been shown the error of his ways yet? BECAUSE HE HASNT FOUGHT ANYONE.....and that includes an untested British club fighter in Daniel Dubois.

Your comparison with Marciano makes zero sense since Marciano didnt reign in an era with 6,9 guys who hit like a truck or move like a welterweight....SMDH

I've said it once and I'll say it again.....Joe Joyce isn't making it off the British domestic scene unless they cherrypick for him to the cows come home. You think a guy like Joyce is swapping punches with wilder or Joshua and coming out in one piece??? Lol....I got a golden truck to sell ya pal
        Last edited by Fighter78; 10-20-2021, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighter78 View Post

And you know why he hasn't been shown the error of his ways yet? BECAUSE HE HASNT FOUGHT ANYONE.....and that includes an untested British club fighter in Daniel Dubois.

Your comparison with Marciano makes zero sense since Marciano didnt reign in an era with 6,9 guys who hit like a truck or move like a welterweight....SMDH

I've said it once and I'll say it again.....Joe Joyce isn't making it off the British domestic scene unless they cherrypick for him to the cows come home. You think a guy like Joyce is swapping punches with wilder or Joshua and coming out in one piece??? Lol....I got a golden truck to sell ya pal
          Its a weak division... He has fought as many as most. It is what it is and we have to judge accordingly... I wouldn't talk about him the same way in another time and place.

No, you apparently misunderstood the point and took what was an analogy literally. It has nothing to do with big guys or small guys... sheesh man... Marciano could have easily come into fights about ten pounds lighter than Wilder did at his lightest... and we have a guy who is an average size heavyweight who has the most alphabet soup... so whats your point?

I think you are splitting hairs regarding the British scene... It remains to be seen how Joyce will do stepping up... Pal. Fury is talented but he hasn't fought a lot of guys in the division. and I am a fan of Fury. And there is no logical reason to assume Joyce would not be competative with Joshua... he takes a punch well and does not gas so please... the feigned suprise act? lose it

Comment

I can see Joyce beating fury. Joyce is a big big guy so fury won’t have weight advantage, plus Joyce is a good boxer so fury won’t be able to outbox him. Joyce also has more power and an unbelievable engine where he can go 15 rounds without looking tired. Joyce decision for me

People who don’t understand boxing won’t be able to see how Joyce would be furys biggest problem. Facts.
            billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post
              I can see Joyce beating fury. Joyce is a big big guy so fury won’t have weight advantage, plus Joyce is a good boxer so fury won’t be able to outbox him. Joyce also has more power and an unbelievable engine where he can go 15 rounds without looking tired. Joyce decision for me

People who don’t understand boxing won’t be able to see how Joyce would be furys biggest problem. Facts.
              I don't see any fighter out there that is infallible, so I agree with your sentiment Mr G. I would not call Joyce a good boxer, he is a horrible boxer lol. Perhaps an analogy would suffice? I used to love to paint when I was in my twenties. People actually liked my work and I sold paintings. My dad was trained and could paint according to convention... we have some of his stuff, he sold paintings in galleries in Maryland, he was very good... thing is? I had no training! I had a way of painting doing it my way, never studied, could/cannot draw to save my life. Even my dad (my stuff was an insult to anyone trained, especially as good as pops was) loved my work...

Joyce is that guy who "paints" his own way. Instead of following the path tried and true, at 19 fighting ammy's etc... Joyce found a way to do things his way. This allows him to find his own solutions to fighting guys like Fury, who have been fighting and are technically excellent. There was no way I was ever going to paint like my dad... anymore than Joyce would ever be able to prepare technically, according to convention, to fight against a guy like Usyk, or Fury.

Watching Joyce throw punches... Margarito used to do this also, you see elbows flared out, pushing movements, and they are slow... arm punches, pushing not snapping... its rumored that ghost hunters going to the grave of Dempsey can hear him turning and crying when Joyce fights... BUT Joyce has his own hermeneutic. He is slow enough he is actually hard to time, he is aggressive enough that the puncher has to punch through flying elbows and get to him as he is approaching and pummeling away... it works for him. Hes strong enough with good enough wind to keep coming and has learned to take the punches that are returned his way. Finally? against all odds, as you say, Joyce has power! Kind of that heavy handed power...

The Juggernaught is no joke!

Comment

I have a lot of respect for Joe. He's been blessed with incredible physical gifts and he uses them very well in the ring.

However, I just can't imagine any possible outcome except Tyson Fury beating the absolute crap out of him.

Comment

If Whyte will not be able for some reason, Fury will probably fight Joyce next.

Comment

Working...
                  X