Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Losing in boxing vs losing in MMA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    if u get exposed and outboxed people abandon ship quick, thats why the sport is full of so many divas, their 0 is no1, mma is sink or swim, u get matched hard all the time, u win some u lose some unless the roids are especially good or u really are special
    Last edited by Smash; 10-18-2021, 06:55 AM.
    TMLT87 likes this.

    Comment


    • #12
      There's something wrong with a division if all the top 5 are undefeated.
      TMLT87 likes this.

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by Szef View Post
        MMA is a sport of losers and is watched by losers. Losing is what these people know, what they're used to. This is why they embrace their stars losing. To them it's normal.

        Boxing is a sport of winners.
        ​​​​​​
        You have Jake Paul in your avatar.

        Comment


        • #14
          MMA is fighting, boxing is more of a craft. You hone your skills and develop your craft. Naturally the elite are in a class of their own. MMA seems to be more of a tough man contest when it comes down to it.

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
            MMA is fighting, boxing is more of a craft. You hone your skills and develop your craft. Naturally the elite are in a class of their own. MMA seems to be more of a tough man contest when it comes down to it.
            The ground game in MMA alone is more technically complex than all of boxing. Boxing just looks "prettier" because its pretty much fencing with fists, theres aesthetics to the simplicity, but aesthetics is not necessarily the same thing as technique/skill. Nobody in boxing has the depth of skillset that somebody like Volk or Yan have, and Gane makes Fury look technically basic in comparison.
            Last edited by TMLT87; 10-19-2021, 02:35 AM.
            Butt stuff likes this.

            Comment


            • #16
              Boxing fans are mostly clueless; carried away with fanship and media narratives. A true fan of the sport doesn't care if a fighter has many Ls and rarely mentions it, after all, every fight is still nothing but a fight. Fans make up ideas in their heads who the top guys are, which was fed to them by their bias and the media, whereas in reality, figuring that out is near impossible 'cos fighters would almost have to all fight each other. Some even go as far as crating a top-N. Very laughable. I have long decided not to be a fan of any boxer. I don't care much if a certain fight doesn't happen provided there are other fights out there for me to watch. All fans care about nowadays is to allign with popular opinion, created mostly by a media with an agenda, or simply parroting what others say. Take Chisora for instance. Some boxing fans here **** on him for his loses but if you look closely, their fav fighter has been around for a long time but has not fought (if any) most of the fighters Chisora lost to. I don't follow MMA; can't speak about it.

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

                The ground game in MMA alone is more technically complex than all of boxing. Boxing just looks "prettier" because its pretty much fencing with fists, theres aesthetics to the simplicity, but aesthetics is not necessarily the same thing as technique/skill. Nobody in boxing has the depth of skillset that somebody like Volk or Yan have, and Gane makes Fury look technically basic in comparison.
                Yeah that ground game stuff doesn't work in a real fight bro

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post

                  Yeah that ground game stuff doesn't work in a real fight bro
                  ...okay? Its a good job they dont just train ground stuff then I guess, in case they ever get into a "real fight"......

                  Didnt you literally just say MMA is fighting? lol. I thought we were talking about technical skills anyway not what may or may not work on da streetz.
                  Last edited by TMLT87; 10-19-2021, 01:02 PM.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X
                  TOP