Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sandor Martin Goes From Club Shows To The Clubhouse With Upset Of Mikey Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PredatorStyle View Post
    Poor Sandor Martin. Thoroughly and beautifully outboxes Garcia. Shows elite reflexes, hand speed and ring generalship. Still get's treated like a non-entity.
    Yeah he's a problem for loads of dudes with that kind of movement and ridiculous speed. I think he belongs at world level, he deserves more credit for his brilliant effort as he put on an exceptional performance. He lived up to his promise of schooling Mikey.
    PredatorStyle likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post

I typically agree with you but not so much on the point about Mikey leaving TR and his career going downhill.

He had a couple of "comeback" fights but became the WBC Lightweight champ in one of them. He took on Broner, unified with Easter, became champ against Lipinets, and landed the Spence fight (for whatever it was worth).

He's 6-2 in since his return, won titles at 135 and 140 and unified at 135...all in a matter of 5 years....the championships were won in the first 2 years of his return.

His performance in the Spence and Martin fights is what got him to this point.
      I hear you but when he left he was looking like he was going to occupy a top p4p spot and draw decent numbers.

I just think the move derailed his career. He was on a great trajectory. Taking that Spence fight changed the way he was perceived.

I mean how the f-ck can’t he generate enough for DAZN to make the Prograis fight?

Comment

Originally posted by mexiFistology View Post
        That’s what mikey gets for not taking this guy serious and showing up fat and slow smh disrespectful to his fans
        Mike was always smooth like a coke Can, not 1 muscle and he never had fast hands just relied on good timing. When a Cherry pick goes wrong!
        BoloShot likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          By Corey Erdman - In late 2020, both Mikey Garcia and Sandor Martin made appearances on DAZN. Late in October of that year, Garcia made an appearance as a guest of honor at the Juan Francisco Estrada-Carlos Cuadras fight at the TV Azteca Studios in Mexico City. Garcia, visibly above his fighting weight, did a lengthy interview in the ring with WBC boss Mauricio Sulaiman to help the broadcast kill time.
          [Click Here To Read More]
          reat-

I was getting sick of hearing about mikey Garcia--he is even more irrelevant now and it is good for boxing

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

I hear you but when he left he was looking like he was going to occupy a top p4p spot and draw decent numbers.

I just think the move derailed his career. He was on a great trajectory. Taking that Spence fight changed the way he was perceived.

I mean how the f-ck can’t he generate enough for DAZN to make the Prograis fight?
            Yes! The Spence fight left a stain on his legacy for sure. He was just short of begging for that fight but did nothing from the first to last bell. Had he shown up and done something, we could at least chat about it in a meaningful way. Lol

How can Mikey generate enough for DAZN to make the Prograis fight? Just ask Eddie. Mikey stunk up the joint this past weekend for a measly $1.5M, so the better question is....how can Prograis generate enough for DAZN to make the Mikey fight?

That said, Prograis may be able to get a few more bucks more for a Mikey fight since I'm sure some of that money went out of the window this past Friday with the loss. I'm not saying Garcia/Prograis is close purse wise, but him losing may have opened the door for that fight.

Besides, who is Martin in the grand scheme of things? I know it's unfair but money talks and it doesn't always say what we'd hope. I can see Mikey/Prograis moving forward anyway, but he can't sit on his high horse at the negotiation table this time.
            The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              I really like Mikey but there is no excuse for taking this guy so lightly.

I praised Floyd for leaving TR and doing his own thing. I was one of the more vocal people about Mikey getting away from TR because I thought it would work out same for Mikey as it did Floyd.

I was completely wrong about that. Mikey’s career hasn’t been the same since he left. Went downhill.

I probably let my personal feelings for Bob blind me to the fact he knew what was the best path for Mikey.
              Mikey went for the bag against Spence and at least for me that's when I knew Mikey's career going forward was about just grabbing quick paydays. He spent almost 2 years in litigation with Bob that kept him out of the ring so I understand trying to grab a bag he wouldn't have gotten against Lomachenko, but there's always trade offs. Mikey's done well outside the ring and honestly doesn't need to fight again but I think he's had a career most people won't remember much of when you peel back his career picking out memorable fights / opposition.
              Last edited by RL_GMA; 10-18-2021, 01:41 PM.
              The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

i hope and pray the same thing happens to keith thurman these big names out there holding up the game only looking for a Lick i hope the little no name guy beats you in your "easy " fight get the W and go get there paydays n reduce you to full retirement Karma is so good when it happens.. Pac wondering why the mikey fight fell threw couldve retired with a win and bigger bag

Comment

It's odd to me the amount of focus that WE as fans put on fighters that fight for the money. This is their careers!!! It's business people. The true grit and hunger for the game goes out the window for most fighters before they make their first television appearance! (Unless the fighter is an Olympian with a lot of hype around them before they even have a pro fight). What is the problem with "fighting for the money"?! They ALL freaking do it!

I agree with the people here stating that Mikey was on a high course trajectory until he ran into Spence. Not saying it was a great decision, but if he beats Spence, could you imagine his career path?! instead, he didn't, which is what we all expected. But he bet on himself and failed. Nothing wrong with that. Now he's damaged goods and that's that. Doubt he can get back to elite form. But the man had a solid career. And it's likely just at its end. We've all seen this show before. Nothing to see here

Comment

A cherry pick gone wrong. I’ve been a fan of Garcia for years but was cheering for Martin. I love it when a cherry pick wins!!!

Comment

Great job, Sandor Martin.

Mikey Garcia actually made a very big money for being so basic fighter. he seems very overrated fighter, I have always felt that way. he was cherry picking the whole career to guarantee undeserved Spence fight pay day. And he completely sucked in that fight.
                      Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 10-19-2021, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X