Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Explains Why Pay-Per-View Will Be Needed on DAZN For Unique Events

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair Shake
    replied
    They're literally becoming what HBO and Showtime have done over the years. It's no strategy. For Eddie Hearn to break it down is kind of insulting. Just say you'll be another HBO and leave it at that. But hopefully they won't put garbage like Canelo/Yildirum on PPV

Leave a comment:

• deathofaclown
    replied
    It may start as unique events, Then eventually they’ll start slipping in lesser fights as PPV, And fighters will hold them hostage and not sign to them unless they get put on PPV or will go elsewhere.

It’s obvious that the direction it will take once the pay-per-view infrastructure is on DAZN

Leave a comment:

• Pigeons
    replied
    Originally posted by mawoodhouse View Post
    Does anyone actually PAY for PPV anymore? Lol must be about 20 years or more since I paid for a fight ….actually I think the last fight I actually paid for was Tyson vs Lewis, so not quite 20 years. I refuse to pay those absorbent prices when I can find a free stream…seems kinda ridiculous!
    I think only boomers that don't know what a free stream is. They'll also hook casuals that otherwise don't watch the sport for fights like Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, McGregor.

Hardcore fight fans? I doubt it. Maybe the real virtuous ones that find it morally wrong to "steal". Or the idiots that think they're "supporting the sport" when the sport couldn't give less of a damn about them.

Leave a comment:

• Southpaw16
    replied
    Why do I think I just had a word salad thrown at me, where “unique situation” actually just means “good fight”?
    dannnnn dannnnn GucciGod GucciGod like this.

Leave a comment:

• jonnyc420
    replied
    Originally posted by mawoodhouse View Post
    Does anyone actually PAY for PPV anymore? Lol must be about 20 years or more since I paid for a fight ….actually I think the last fight I actually paid for was Tyson vs Lewis, so not quite 20 years. I refuse to pay those absorbent prices when I can find a free stream…seems kinda ridiculous!
    Oh yes there are those who pay, casual fans will blow the occasional cost because of simplicity of click and there it is. For me personally it depends on overall card quality if I order or not. Fury/Wilder 3 wad quality so ordered it. Davis/Barrios wasn't so didnt pay. That is just how I base it.

Leave a comment:

• Pigeons
    replied
    Haymon and Hearn literally followed the same blueprint. Overpay mediocre fighters throwing the industry into flux. Parade catchy slogans like "Free boxing" and "PPV is dead". Get exposed as frauds and charlatans. I hope they both die in a fire.

Leave a comment:

• trippers1
    replied
    So might as well cancell my subscription if the worth while fights i will need to ppv anyway. Might just wait till theyre made and order them individually

Leave a comment:

• chepboxingking
    replied
    It was a matter of time. Once I heard Haney is getting $3plus mil & Tarver $2plus mil per fight, knew the $20 monthly fee wouldn't be sustainable. There's a reason those type of fighters weren't making that type of $ prior to signing with DAZN. Hearn came and gave them all blank checks.
    sege64 sege64 Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Leave a comment:

• mawoodhouse
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kushking
    replied
    This is as rétarded as rétarded gets,Dazn is going bankrupt the writing is on the wall,nobody wants to pay a subscription for shtty fights on top of ppv

Leave a comment:

Working...
X