Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Explains Why Pay-Per-View Will Be Needed on DAZN For Unique Events

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kushking
    replied
    Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post

Are you happy that they're going bankrupt?

If it's true, is that a good thing or bad thing for boxing?

Coupled with we have all these promotional wars and can barely get a good fight.

I wouldn't be clamoring for any boxing company to go bankrupt. It's like shooting myself in the foot.
    I'm not happy,but at the same time whatever happens to a company is on them,as they're going to do what they want to do. I think Dazn going bankrupt is bad for boxing in a way because the less networks there will always be fighters who don't fight as often.

Leave a comment:

• GucciGod
    replied
    Originally posted by sicko View Post

Recent Price Spike and now wanting to add PPV's? I give it about 2023 and Eddie Hearn will regret leaving Sky Sports
    Eddie has either strongly overestimated his own work OR grossly Underestimated how much Sky Sports brought to the success between matchroom and sky.

SS is a HUGE platform. They churn out articles daily and really promote they’re guys with good content, besides the poor PPV they did really well.

I agree with you, I also think Eddie does 30 interviews a week yet spends that time talking about Tyson fury and himself. Not once does he tell reporters I don’t promote fury, I’d rather discuss my stable.

Its all Me Me Me with Hearn. Left with egg on his face now. Contradicts himself daily. Total joke of a man who’s time is ticking down til he’s done.

Leave a comment:

• GucciGod
    replied
    Originally posted by Zoffeler View Post
    DAZN and PPVs are for suckers.

Lepto Sports is the sport streaming king
    If you have IOS then I’d also recommend (StrymTv) on apple store. Fantastic app for much more than just boxing.

Leave a comment:

• filup79
    replied
    Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
    I think the most important part has been missed here. According to this statement Eddie said..."maybe those fights won't be on DAZN so it won't matter". That's sounds to me like Eddie is preparing to shop Joshua around...possibly allowing him to operate like Canelo on a fight to fight basis...thus letting someone else absorb some of the costs of what is suddenly becoming a dwindling commodity. Fight fans are fickle and AJ's star is fading fast.
    Hearn can't make big fights for alot of his fighters thanks to overpaying them. He's trying to get other promoters to pay for Haney fighting their fighters. AJ is signed to DAZN I believe so he can't fight without DAZN. Wonder what those Canelo PPV numbers with DAZN were

Leave a comment:

• filup79
    replied
    Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

How else do you expect them to make any profit or move forward?

Usyk v AJ is a fight that should be on ppv because all sports fans want to see a hwt fight of that magnitude.

I know a lot don’t want to hear this but Having it just on DAZN means a lot of American fans will not see it.

Does that make any sense? I don’t think so.
    Usyk v AJ on PPV in the US gets Crawford PPV numbers. Casuals don't care for it and especially if they're putting that fight on PPV on a Saturday around noon. Hearn trying to go the PPV route cause he can't make any big fights. Couldn't make Mikey/Prograis over money and is pretty much trying to get other promoters to make the Haney fights

Leave a comment:

• roademier
    replied
    My subscription is coming up soon so I need to know what they will be charging for these "unique boxing PPV's".
    If the most I will be charged "extra" for a top fight with a good undercard is $19.99 I may try it for another year.
    If not i'm ready to cancel.
    Fighter78 Fighter78 likes this.

Leave a comment:

• Sheikh
    replied
    this is means for a serious class action law suit, no joke. When DAZN started they promised no more pay per view and now they already violated that policy. In the past I supported DAZN but with the new policy I would cancel.

An easy solution is STOP OVERPAYING BOXERS. Boxers are overpaid based on the revenue they generate. If youpay them based on ticket sales/viewership you wouldnt need to overpay them.

Leave a comment:

• Bomber74
    replied
    Hearn is bound to say this as he is a greedy man, not a fan, you couldn't get face value Match room tickets (stubhub)see Frank warren, and the rubbish he put on PPV on sky was criminal, superfights PPV totally understand, since hearns introduction to DAZN its gone from £1.99 to £7.99 now PPV, jocker.
    Clive Davenport Clive Davenport likes this.

Leave a comment:

• The Big Dunn
    replied
    Originally posted by Toffee View Post
    If they have PPV then they're just another streaming service and you judge it based on what you get for your subscription. It's been good value for me so far.

Won't pretend that I'm not disappointed that Usyk v Joshua will apparently be PPV. That fight isn't a 'unique situation', it's just a big fight.

Fury v Joshua would have been a 'unique situation' with multiple TV networks in play.
    How else do you expect them to make any profit or move forward?

Usyk v AJ is a fight that should be on ppv because all sports fans want to see a hwt fight of that magnitude.

I know a lot don’t want to hear this but Having it just on DAZN means a lot of American fans will not see it.

Does that make any sense? I don’t think so.
    Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Leave a comment:

• STREET CLEANER
    replied
    So the monthly subscription was to avoid the ppv fights but now they want to charge ppv for the more popular fights. I guess it is time for me to cancel since the only reason I got it was because of the incoming content that I did not have to pay extra for. Now months go by and there is not a decent card.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X