Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Explains Why Pay-Per-View Will Be Needed on DAZN For Unique Events

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAZN and PPVs are for suckers.

Lepto Sports is the sport streaming king

Comment

Hearn along with Sky were responsible for years of sub standard PPv' s and Hearn would put his usual ridiculous spin on these. Sky are clueless with their boxing shows now resembling a televised Hen night and dazn not far behind but no doubt good business for them ! 8 and ppv in the Uk won't wash as at the moment they are just ,only just keeping my interest and 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        Haymon and Hearn literally followed the same blueprint. Overpay mediocre fighters throwing the industry into flux. Parade catchy slogans like "Free boxing" and "PPV is dead". Get exposed as frauds and charlatans. I hope they both die in a fire.
        Yeah, you're right. PBC was originally supposed to be the death knell of PPV and I was hopeful (apparently PBC even planned to create an OTT network according to Kathy Duva back in 2015). When the investment money was spent by fighter signings and time buys, they had to go with the PPV model. Seems like the same exact thing happened with DAZN. It's unfortunate.
        Last edited by PBR Streetgang; 10-17-2021, 06:44 PM.

Comment

How can Eddy lose a billion dollars and survive? Sooner or later that rematch crap was going to catch up with him too. First he pays his guy plenty to lose, then he pays the other guy plenty and his guy too, for the rematch. He jacked the ante on Lopez v Kambosos and now he's stuck with a 4 million dollar headache. Canelo lawsuit still unresolved and Canelo has affidavits. By all rights, Eddy should be on welfare. PPV? Maybe Eddy can make that dissappear too.

Comment

I don't mind paying for a UFC subscription and then extra for new events, because they have an archive of every UFC event since 1993 and every Ultimate Fighter season, not to mention hundreds of event from other MMA organisations. Dana White has been an absolute blessing for MMA fight fans.

If DAZN had an amazing back catalog of over a thousand classic fights in decent or original VHS quality which is better than the 480p you find on YouTube then perhaps it would be okay to charge extra for PPV, but they don't. So, no. And I don't appreciate the bait and switch tactics of Eddie "I'm going to revolutionise how boxing is watched" Hearns.

Comment

I think the most important part has been missed here. According to this statement Eddie said..."maybe those fights won't be on DAZN so it won't matter". That's sounds to me like Eddie is preparing to shop Joshua around...possibly allowing him to operate like Canelo on a fight to fight basis...thus letting someone else absorb some of the costs of what is suddenly becoming a dwindling commodity. Fight fans are fickle and AJ's star is fading fast.

Comment

A slow drift into the abyss...

Comment

This coupled with AJ losing some appeal lately, Canelo being a free agent, GGG fading and old, DAZN is just falling off a cliff it seems.

Comment

What a kick in the gut to fans and a total 180 from everything DAZN has been saying for years. The entire promotion of DAZN to American fans is we are the Netflix of sports and the death of PPV. Hearn failed so bad in the US and burned so much of DAZN's money with nothing to show forcing DAZN to become just like every other network and going to charge you PPV. And just like Hearn said no PPV on DAZN don't trust him now when he says only select large events maybe 1 or 2 a year. It will soon become once a month PPV charges and for fights that have no business on PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Yeah, you're right. PBC was originally supposed to be the death knell of PPV and I was hopeful (apparently PBC even planned to create an OTT network according to Kathy Duva back in 2015). When the investment money was spent by fighter signings and time buys, they had to go with the PPV model. Seems like the same exact thing happened with DAZN. It's unfortunate.
                      The difference is we can turn on FOX, FS1, Showtime, ESPN and see boxing. Hearn should have gotten a network option in the usa and put his biggest fights on the app. I would say PPV but no fight that Hearn has been involved with is worthy of PPV in the usa

Comment

Working...
                      X