No announcement yet.

So how long are they going to protect Gevonta Davis"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how long are they going to protect Gevonta Davis"

I mean this Rolly Romero fight is a joke. How long before he actually fights someone worth a damn?

this man's whole career has been a joke. They keep putting him in fights for fake belts and cherry picking trying to make him a star and it's actually working. Like Crawford and so many others, he just doesn't want to fight anyone that can challenge him. So he just hops around from weight class to weight class beating guys that are gonna stand in front of him..
    El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Until THEY find the right opponent to FEED "Tank" to that will make THEM more profit.

Comment

Until Mayweather Promotions builds and/or obtains another boxing star, which will probably be never.

Comment

I think Tank is game to fight anyone however Mayweather continues to generate numbers off Tank fighting less than stellar competition. Mayweather isn't going to jeopardize the star of his fight stable and Tank is a loyal employee. I think a good amount of his fanbase is "casual" (no different than many popular fighters) who don't scrutinize the quality of opposition.

To answer your question, I don't think it will be anytime soon unless it makes financial sense to risk it.
          El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
            I think Tank is game to fight anyone however Mayweather continues to generate numbers off Tank fighting less than stellar competition. Mayweather isn't going to jeopardize the star of his fight stable and Tank is a loyal employee. I think a good amount of his fanbase is "casual" (no different than many popular fighters) who don't scrutinize the quality of opposition.

To answer your question, I don't think it will be anytime soon unless it makes financial sense to risk it.
            that means "never". They aren't gonna risk a goddamn thing if they can continue to generate ppv sales at the rate they are doing with mismatched opponents. Would you??

Comment

He’s fought legit opponents already.

You mean to say,

”how long until Gervonta fights Teofimo, Lomachenko, Haney, Garcia, or Taylor?”

I wouldn’t know but then again, when will any of those guys fight each other (teo in a rematch with Loma) and when will Taylor fight Crawford?

Comment

Working...
              X