Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BodyBagz
    replied
    Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
    E'rrybody still basing their BLUEPRINT for beating "Canelo" on what happened to a 22 yr old...

Then EXPECTING Plant to execute it. (Or anything similar)
    Well, Nelo hasn't had many tough fights since. Take what Plant does ''best'' and add in some hopes and prayers. Maybe Nelo has an off night ?

Leave a comment:

• BodyBagz
    replied
    Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

Well GGG beat Canelo 8-4 on my cards in both fights,

You related to Byrd or Ross ?
    Not even the hardest GGG fan/Nelo hater had it scored like you. I doubt you will find another fight fan giving GGG 8-4s
    Did GGG score some ultra flash knockdowns ?!?!

GGG had his jab going but little else.

Leave a comment:

• Hatesrats
    replied
    E'rrybody still basing their BLUEPRINT for beating "Canelo" on what happened to a 22 yr old...

Then EXPECTING Plant to execute it. (Or anything similar)

Leave a comment:

• Boxing-1013
    replied
    Originally posted by El-Malo- View Post
    I have a feeling that Ward is going to show Plant how to tie up every time Canelo gets on the inside. Plant is not fluid enough to try and be a slick fighter with Canelo and he'll likely try to fight from the outside with a jab jab and move. But I don't believe that he can do it for the entire twelve rounds, he might look ok in the first five rounds but Canelo eventually will walk him down and tire him out. But I also wouldn't be surprised if Canelo just goes in and beats the living cap out of him
    So you are a Canelo fan? Imagine that

Leave a comment:

• Boxing-1013
    replied
    Originally posted by _original_ View Post

I strongly disagree, Canelo can absolutely be outboxed. Canelo is great but I’ve never understood this notion that he’s some master boxer. He’s been outboxed in numerous fights and in some his power just bailed him out (Khan, Kovalev, Gomez, ect). Fighting Canelo is suicide though and I’m pretty sure Plant knows this. Even Golovkin chose to box knowing it was the best path to victory.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Plant is up something crazy like 6-1 or 7-2, the question is will be able to withstand Canelo still stalking him trying to finish him. I give Plant a huge shot if his cardio is up to task.
    Well GGG beat Canelo 8-4 on my cards in both fights, he outlanded Canelo in nearly every round they fought.

Canelo can definitely lose an 8-4, 7-5 type fight. He will never lose a fight like that on the cards though. He will win or at worst get a draw.

You're not going to outbox Canelo 12-0 in a fight. At minimum there will be 4-5 rounds which are close to call and which a judge could slide to Canelo. And then he just needs to have 1 or 2 more like that, and voila, he has his narrow win or at worst a draw.

I don't know what you're on to say that Plant could be up 6-1 or 7-2 on the judges' cards lol. That is almost certainly NEVER going to happen, even if he deserves it. To be up 7-2 he would have to win just about every round, because you know the judges are going to slide a few to Canelo if possible.

Leave a comment:

• SunDiego-
    replied
    I have a feeling that Ward is going to show Plant how to tie up every time Canelo gets on the inside. Plant is not fluid enough to try and be a slick fighter with Canelo and he'll likely try to fight from the outside with a jab jab and move. But I don't believe that he can do it for the entire twelve rounds, he might look ok in the first five rounds but Canelo eventually will walk him down and tire him out. But I also wouldn't be surprised if Canelo just goes in and beats the living cap out of him

Leave a comment:

• BodyBagz
    replied
    See what it was that made the Trout and Lara fights so close and learn from that.
    Ward vs Kov is another good fight to look at.

Obviously Nelo has come a long way since those fights but it's a good place to start.

Plant will not be able to beat Nelo by jabbing him. He will have to throw meaningful COMBOS !!!!! Knowing when to engage is key. It's going to be a tough fight regardless of how Plant is trained.

Sometimes a trainer knows his guy isn't equipped to beat his opponent and just hopes for the best. This may be that situation.

Leave a comment:

• _original_
    replied
    Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

The only chance you have to win is if you beat Canelo's ass so you better be prepared to do that. Gotta come to fight, not box.
    I strongly disagree, Canelo can absolutely be outboxed. Canelo is great but I’ve never understood this notion that he’s some master boxer. He’s been outboxed in numerous fights and in some his power just bailed him out (Khan, Kovalev, Gomez, ect). Fighting Canelo is suicide though and I’m pretty sure Plant knows this. Even Golovkin chose to box knowing it was the best path to victory.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Plant is up something crazy like 6-1 or 7-2, the question is will be able to withstand Canelo still stalking him trying to finish him. I give Plant a huge shot if his cardio is up to task.

Leave a comment:

• ReggieKray
    replied
    Stand toe to Teo. Don't be a bitch. Either you got it or you don't...
    nauti4life85 nauti4life85 likes this.

Leave a comment:

• Rockybigblower
    replied
    Headlock uppercut.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X