No announcement yet.

Plant’s Best Shot @ Winning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post

I strongly disagree, Canelo can absolutely be outboxed. Canelo is great but I’ve never understood this notion that he’s some master boxer. He’s been outboxed in numerous fights and in some his power just bailed him out (Khan, Kovalev, Gomez, ect). Fighting Canelo is suicide though and I’m pretty sure Plant knows this. Even Golovkin chose to box knowing it was the best path to victory.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Plant is up something crazy like 6-1 or...
    Lol. Some of you have no idea about boxing…

The Canelo that fought Khan isn’t performing at the level of when he fought Kovalev because of no weight drain + the experience. Also know that not all men are the same. Canelo is one of the few not intimidated by opponents ant TRIES his best to get the BEST SHOT. That means Canelo will give up rounds in particular styles with different opponents. This is common sense. You can’t just consolidate Khan and Kovalev to just say “his power” lol. Canelo was toying with Khan because he knew the power difference from the jump, so as Shane Mosley said, “Canelo gives up the first rounds to give his fans their money’s worth.”

With that fans misinterpret how Canelo “loses rounds.” Canelo is fairly accurate with that assessment. He predicted BJS’s round stoppage. He didn’t with Smith, GGG, Kovalev… lately he’s calling out rounds with guys he’s having drama with in the press conferences. Canelo said he’ll stop Plant before 8. Do you believe him and all the context mentioned? Or do you just want to believe Canelo is inferior with “pure boxing IQ” and therefore he will just lose rounds to Plant despite that he’s looking for the perfect KO?

Comment

His best shot is to get on his bycicle and stay on it for the entire fight

rely on a combination of running like a *****, jabs and 1-2's like Lara did, and hope for the best

he's not beating Canelo in close quarters
      Thuglife Nelo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
        His best shot is to get on his bycicle and stay on it for the entire fight

rely on a combination of running like a *****, jabs and 1-2's like Lara did, and hope for the best

he's not beating Canelo in close quarters
        Couldn’t stop laughing imaging Bernstein calling the keys of victory like that! Lol

Comment

Make sure to commit the jab, have decent power, have a good chin, be very active, press him on the backfoot and tangle him on the inside. He’s still a counter puncher at heart and hesitates to throw if he can’t figure out his opponents rhythm(BJS at times). Pretty much an Andre Ward, Usyk/lomachenko or Errol Spence type but no one really has those attributes at 160 or 168
          Last edited by TheSlickster; 10-16-2021, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

It's not about 'combos' or 'jabs' lol

It's about who lands more, and better, shots. GGG outlanded Canelo significantly in both fights. Everything GGG lands is a solid shot, and similar for Canelo. Most punches they land, score. If GGG was getting tagged, Canelo was REALLY getting tagged.

Canelo fans would find a new criteria to score all of his fights, depending on what stuff Canelo did in those fights, just to try to get him the win. 'Canelo landed more uppercuts!!!' lol

By my count, Canelo didn't have 1 round in either fight where he clearly won the punch count, and landed the best shots of the round. Not 1. In 24 rounds. Not one round where he outlanded the opponent by a few shots and landed the best shots. Not one clear round.

People honestly trying to act like Canelo won those fights is pathetic tbh. He just got outworked both fights. It happens, who cares. That's boxing and life goes on. GGG with his toughness, jab, workrate, stamina, and activity level is always going to be a tough matchup for anyone, especially Canelo who fights in spurts.
            GGG punch count was largely due to his jab.,

8-4 in either fight FOR EITHER GUY is complete fanboyism.

Comment

- -If Plant can keep from turning into a tomato or avocado, his best shot is his Uncle Al.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

So, according to your own statement, Atlas should re-watch BOTH fights

Jabs are scored (same as body blows) but JABS rarely win a guy a fight (UNLIKE body blows. Many fights have ended with a well placed rib shot).
                The jabber has to be also defensively responsible (May like). GGG was getting tagged in both fights. Nelo landed the more showy COMBOS. If you think GGG landed MORE COMBOS than Nelo in EITHER fight, we can end this discussion now.
                I have to strongly but respectfully disagree with you on the bold. The jab is the best weapon in boxing, bar none. That's why it's the first punch you're taught and why when you first walk into a gym you throw 1,000 jabs before you earn the right to throw the right. Even in that beatdown of Wilder by Fury, sure he didn't knock him out with jabs but Fury's jab is what set everything else up and put him in total control.
                Boxing-1013 and BodyBagz like this.

Comment

Originally posted by CornerCutman View Post

I have to strongly but respectfully disagree with you on the bold. The jab is the best weapon in boxing, bar none. That's why it's the first punch you're taught and why when you first walk into a gym you throw 1,000 jabs before you earn the right to throw the right. Even in that beatdown of Wilder by Fury, sure he didn't knock him out with jabs but Fury's jab is what set everything else up and put him in total control.
                  Jabs are essential but are not fight enders on their own. A single well placed body shot can and has ended many fights.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

Jabs are essential but are not fight enders on their own. A single well placed body shot can and has ended many fights.
                    Sure, agreed - if you meant jabs don't close out fights I do agree with you there, that's obviously correct. But, your specific language about whether they win fights, I disagreed with that. They may not finish fights, but they definitely win them

Comment

Originally posted by CornerCutman View Post

Sure, agreed - if you meant jabs don't close out fights I do agree with you there, that's obviously correct. But, your specific language about whether they win fights, I disagreed with that. They may not finish fights, but they definitely win them
                      Isolated jabs, which are the kinds I'm referring to, had better be otherworldly if a guy depends on winning a fight off them.

A fighter with a beautiful jab (in this case GGG) can definitely dictate the flow of a fight, unless his opponent has an equalizer (better head movement and combos, Nelo).
                      The team that paved GGG's path should be ashamed of themselves. Keeping in the amateurs for so long and not matching him with better opposition. I don't to hear everything ''ducking'' him.

Comment

Working...
                      X