Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thuglife Nelo
    replied
    Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    His best chance is to have unbiased / not bought judges.
    This is a PBC event. Haymon’s world would stand to benefit more with Canelo’s rematch clause. If Haymon was optimistic about Canelo’s rematch clause, then who have control of the “judges?” What does Haymon gain with this one fight? Derp derp

Leave a comment:

• BodyBagz
    replied
    Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    Try to be somewhat competitive for 12 and hope the PBC mafia rob Canelo. unlikely though, they’ll want to work with him.

cause a chance huge cut la Fury v Wallin and hope it gets stopped.

Other than that, he hasn’t got much of a chance. Too many levels apart.
    Outside of the GGG fights (I'm playing Devil's Advocate), when has Nelo been ''awarded'' a gift UDW ?

Leave a comment:

• El-Malo-
    replied
    Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

So you are a Canelo fan? Imagine that
    How the fk did you come to that conclusion? I basically answered how I see the fight going, there's a reason Plant accepted Wards help and everyone knows what Ward is all about. Clinch fest at its finest

I don't believe Plant is capable of keeping Canelo off for all twelve rounds and like most here I also believe Canelo is just going to walk him down and chop him down

Leave a comment:

• deathofaclown
    replied
    Try to be somewhat competitive for 12 and hope the PBC mafia rob Canelo. unlikely though, they’ll want to work with him.

cause a chance huge cut la Fury v Wallin and hope it gets stopped.

Other than that, he hasn’t got much of a chance. Too many levels apart.

Leave a comment:

• BodyBagz
    replied

Every fight has a highlight vid. Don't be upset if you don't like it
    (You don't score fights on highlight vids)
    No shlt

Just goes to show who was the star

Leave a comment:

• whollisboxing
    replied
    Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    You’re being paid a milli to train Plant for Alvarez

how would you tell Plant to fight Alvarez.
    I think Plant has to box in tight circles and vary his jab to set up his offense . Canelo has great head movement so I would jab to the chest and body to break Nelo’s rhythm. Aside from that I would advise Plant to stay off the ropes because Canelo loves to tee off on guys with left hooks to the liver.

Leave a comment:

• BodyBagz
    replied
    Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

Lol...he outlanded Canelo in most of the rounds man. They were hitting about as hard as each other.

Teddy Atlas scored fight 2, which nearly everyone agrees as being the more competitive of the two, he scored it 8-3-1 for GGG

- As he asked 'Do we not score the jab anymore?'
    So, according to your own statement, Atlas should re-watch BOTH fights

Jabs are scored (same as body blows) but JABS rarely win a guy a fight (UNLIKE body blows. Many fights have ended with a well placed rib shot).
    The jabber has to be also defensively responsible (May like). GGG was getting tagged in both fights. Nelo landed the more showy COMBOS. If you think GGG landed MORE COMBOS than Nelo in EITHER fight, we can end this discussion now.

Leave a comment:

• Boxing-1013
    replied
    Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

You related to Byrd or Ross ?
    Not even the hardest GGG fan/Nelo hater had it scored like you. I doubt you will find another fight fan giving GGG 8-4s
    Did GGG score some ultra flash knockdowns ?!?!

GGG had his jab going but little else.
    Lol...he outlanded Canelo in most of the rounds man. They were hitting about as hard as each other.

Teddy Atlas scored fight 2, which nearly everyone agrees as being the more competitive of the two, he scored it 8-3-1 for GGG - As he asked 'Do we not score the jab anymore?'

Anyone pretending Canelo got more than 4, or MAX 5 rounds in either fight, is just not a serious boxing analyst in my eyes.

Canelo still barely won the 2nd fight with the judges, and we all know he gets really good cards. That alone should tell you who won that fight, and the first fight is pretty much accepted as a clear GGG win as well.

Leave a comment:

• Mike_b
    replied
    De la Hoya said in the Mayweather fight he was hoping that Floyd broke his hand on too of hitting his skull/head. I feel like plants noggin may be no different .

Leave a comment:

• Southpawology
    replied
    Plant will be 100% ready for Canelo. The guy has gone through a gauntlet in his last 3 fights in order to prepare him for canelo. truax, mike lee and feigenbuttz.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X