Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing-1013
    replied
    Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

GGG was 90% jab IN BOTH FIGHTS, ''buddy''. Nelo made GGG look like an amateur when he was on the ropes. Swinging and missing. GGG was pure head hunter and 90% of the time, only his JAB made it home, ''buddy''. I'd love to do a slow motion rd by rd with you on the matter but I've moved on. Like most fight fans. This bitterness is equaled only by bitter Pacstains ( RIP) weeping over shlt that happened in 2015 and beyond !!!!

TBF, this revisiting of GGG best moment will most likely be better than the Plant fight.
    What scrub is GGG fighting next ? LeMeh rematch ?
    I would say I have no idea why you are taking what I say so emotionally, but I know why - it's because you deep down know GGG won both fights, but you can't admit it yourself or publicly because you have a lot of emotion tied up in the fights.

I simply gave my opinion, on a boxing forum, about those fights. Someone else brought it up I'm pretty sure. I gave a response. I didn't care at all when they robbed GGG in fight 1 - I knew it was coming.

GGG won fight 2 by a similar margin, but Canelo was more impressive in many ways in fight 2, so I knew as well that GGG would not get the cards against Canelo in that fight.

The official results don't bother me - I know what I saw, and it was clear GGG was the better fighter by a level or two. Canelo was still a great fighter, and is fighting even better now, probably bolstered by the experience of those fights.

GGG had an opportunity to hurt or stop Canelo in 24 rounds and couldn't do it. To beat the king sometimes you have to take it out of the judges hands. GGG wasn't able to do that. It is what it is. He still won the boxing matches though.

Leave a comment:

• BodyBagz
    replied
    Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

People are honestly ****ting all over the sport of boxing, when they try to diminish the importance of the jab. GGG's won him both of those fights vs Canelo, but because of boxing politics, you have Canelo fans and GGG haters now trying to diminish the most important punch in the sport.

As you mentioned, it is important because it sets everything up. It controls range and distance, which is paramount in a fight. GGG has one of the best jabs this sport has ever seen. Instead of people appreciating that, you have them oddly trying to diminish the jab, which is everything in a fight/boxing!!!

You can always tell people who have no clue what's going on in a fight, when they say something like that.
    GGG's jab got him nowhere vs Jacobs

(that LAUGHABLE ''KD'' saved him)

and Shortychenko

(GGG got a GIFT W...GGG fans don't want to bring that up)

It's a beautiful jab and was a true weapon before he FINALLY stepped up.

Leave a comment:

• BodyBagz
    replied
    Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

GGG has a really good, easy to score jab. GGG outlanded Canelo by 50 punches in the first fight, and in 10 of 11 rounds, 1 tie, lol. Saying he DIDN'T get 8 rounds in that fight is fanboyism buddy.
    GGG was 90% jab IN BOTH FIGHTS, ''buddy''. Nelo made GGG look like an amateur when he was on the ropes. Swinging and missing. GGG was pure head hunter and 90% of the time, only his JAB made it home, ''buddy''. I'd love to do a slow motion rd by rd with you on the matter but I've moved on. Like most fight fans. This bitterness is equaled only by bitter Pacstains ( RIP) weeping over shlt that happened in 2015 and beyond !!!!

TBF, this revisiting of GGG best moment will most likely be better than the Plant fight.
    What scrub is GGG fighting next ? LeMeh rematch ?

Leave a comment:

• Boxing-1013
    replied
    Originally posted by CornerCutman View Post

I have to strongly but respectfully disagree with you on the bold. The jab is the best weapon in boxing, bar none. That's why it's the first punch you're taught and why when you first walk into a gym you throw 1,000 jabs before you earn the right to throw the right. Even in that beatdown of Wilder by Fury, sure he didn't knock him out with jabs but Fury's jab is what set everything else up and put him in total control.
    People are honestly ****ting all over the sport of boxing, when they try to diminish the importance of the jab. GGG's won him both of those fights vs Canelo, but because of boxing politics, you have Canelo fans and GGG haters now trying to diminish the most important punch in the sport.

As you mentioned, it is important because it sets everything up. It controls range and distance, which is paramount in a fight. GGG has one of the best jabs this sport has ever seen. Instead of people appreciating that, you have them oddly trying to diminish the jab, which is everything in a fight/boxing!!!

You can always tell people who have no clue what's going on in a fight, when they say something like that.

Leave a comment:

• Boxing-1013
    replied

GGG punch count was largely due to his jab.,

8-4 in either fight FOR EITHER GUY is complete fanboyism.
    GGG has a really good, easy to score jab. GGG outlanded Canelo by 50 punches in the first fight, and in 10 of 11 rounds, 1 tie, lol. Saying he DIDN'T get 8 rounds in that fight is fanboyism buddy.

Leave a comment:

• kushking
    replied

Sure, agreed - if you meant jabs don't close out fights I do agree with you there, that's obviously correct. But, your specific language about whether they win fights, I disagreed with that. They may not finish fights, but they definitely win them
    Jabs don't count equally as power shots though for a reason, especially powerful thudding bodyshots.

And while yes a jab is the most important its only because its easier to land more often,& sets up everything else & keeps opponent from being able to focus solely on offense.

When a fighter only throws nothing but jabs like Plant does (a arm punch that is the weakest punch in boxing with no hip rotation) & gets hit with full rotation powershots to head & body,they will lose the fight because its not ams.(thats why Lara lost & ggg in rematch)

Too many fans like to score jabs as equal to powershots especially the flashy thudding type Canelo throws.

Plant often fights like he only has a left arm,Smith had a great jab & left hook to the body too but it was taken away because it got pummeled repeatedly & because Everytime he tried landing with the left he'd get countered with lead left hook 2 & 3 piece combos(Canelo loads up his left to make a fighter commit to protecting their face then he hits their body,& ggg tried protecting the body but he would eat clean shots to the jaw(shots no other fighter would've survived imho)

He doesn't throw many jabs because he relies on accurate hook counters

Last edited by kushking; 10-16-2021, 05:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BodyBagz
    replied

Sure, agreed - if you meant jabs don't close out fights I do agree with you there, that's obviously correct. But, your specific language about whether they win fights, I disagreed with that. They may not finish fights, but they definitely win them
    Isolated jabs, which are the kinds I'm referring to, had better be otherworldly if a guy depends on winning a fight off them.

A fighter with a beautiful jab (in this case GGG) can definitely dictate the flow of a fight, unless his opponent has an equalizer (better head movement and combos, Nelo).
    The team that paved GGG's path should be ashamed of themselves. Keeping in the amateurs for so long and not matching him with better opposition. I don't to hear everything ''ducking'' him.

Leave a comment:

• CornerCutman
    replied

Jabs are essential but are not fight enders on their own. A single well placed body shot can and has ended many fights.

Leave a comment:

• BodyBagz
    replied

I have to strongly but respectfully disagree with you on the bold. The jab is the best weapon in boxing, bar none. That's why it's the first punch you're taught and why when you first walk into a gym you throw 1,000 jabs before you earn the right to throw the right. Even in that beatdown of Wilder by Fury, sure he didn't knock him out with jabs but Fury's jab is what set everything else up and put him in total control.
    Jabs are essential but are not fight enders on their own. A single well placed body shot can and has ended many fights.

Leave a comment:

• CornerCutman
    replied

So, according to your own statement, Atlas should re-watch BOTH fights

Jabs are scored (same as body blows) but JABS rarely win a guy a fight (UNLIKE body blows. Many fights have ended with a well placed rib shot).
    The jabber has to be also defensively responsible (May like). GGG was getting tagged in both fights. Nelo landed the more showy COMBOS. If you think GGG landed MORE COMBOS than Nelo in EITHER fight, we can end this discussion now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X