Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teddy Atlas: In Defeat, Fans Now Respect Wilder in a Whole Different Way

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRONCHINHAGLER
    replied
    Atlas got one thing absolutely right - the tomato cans they lined up to pad that ko record and protect Wilder!

Leave a comment:

• Inspired
    replied
    This is what p*ses me off about the ave american hoodrat mentality of hating boxers and mocking them when they lose fights. It's an environment of HATE, racebaiting etc. That's why Wilder turned out how he did, he was doing it all for 'their approval'. He had to play up to a certain type of character and even in his first loss he couldnt accept defeat. This time round the pundits and writers are calling it 'heart' and so he gets to essentially save face.

Chisora has 11 losses and he is loved by british boxing fans because he has come to terms with who he is. If he was in denial like Wilder is, he would be hated.

Leave a comment:

• Kzbox
    replied
    Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Its common slang in America, like being 'sonned'. But this is not about me, we are talking about Teddy Atlas opinion. I'm not surprised that once again the thread becomes a platform to launch personal attacks against my character. I cant go anywhere on this board and talk about a particular topic, this board is full of morons.
    How is it attack against your character i just went from your wording that’s all but yeah I’ve seen your posts in other threads, you are mad paranoid i have no issue with you but if you post on a public forum people are allowed to respond to your comments. Chill out mate it’s not that serious this is boxing.

Leave a comment:

• Ravensfan
    replied
    Personally I have a hard time respecting a boxer who's whole career was a fraud. And when he finally fights anywhere near an elite fighter he gets destroyed and does nothing but make excuses and in the process tosses his own people under the bus. Like many I also believe Wilder's last statement was nothing more then an attempt to clean up his mess. Because if he won he would be making completely different ridiculous statements. I will also say that in my opinion Atlas is also a bit of a fraud himself that I have little respect for.

Leave a comment:

• Fanofreason
    replied
    Without a broken hand we can all agree Fury would have been done. Wilder had him down twice. Another big asterisk on this win for fury

Leave a comment:

• Jack Rivers
    replied
    So people are respecting wilder in a while different way because he went out on his shield as oppose to Breland throwing in the towel last time?

if so, this is so stupid by these people. Wilder has always been respected. You don't have 40 KOs and not be respected. Fury respected wilder. If he didn't, he wouldn't have trained differently and studied on how to beat wilder. Fury changed his whole style for the 2nd fight realizing he had to bring it to wilder to win and not just stay on the outside and box. That's mad respect.

We all knew wilder had heart and didn't need to see him KOd to have our minds change...at least those who aren't haters or bandwagon fans. He showed heart in Ortiz 1 fight when he almost went down in the 7th I think and stayed on his feet. He showed heart in fury 2 staying in there and getting back up after knock down after knock down until the towel was thrown.

I don't understand how the level of respect has changed from then to know because he got what he wanted by going out on his shield? The only lack of respect people had for him was his crazy accusations and reasons as to why he lost and how he was still acting even after the 3rd fight. But hey, we are fans looking from the outside and when someone believes they were cheated and for over 20 months being told by youtube channels and followers that you've been cheated, festers a hatred that isn't reality and the ldbc parasites made money off of these lies and accusations while wilder paid the price.
    Attached Files
    BHop5150 BHop5150 likes this.

Leave a comment:

• 1hourRun
    replied
    Originally posted by Kzbox View Post

So why would we discredit Wilder all this time then? And just terms like “your boy” and “wilder being a good boy” seems racially motivated maybe I’m wrong but your wording is suspect. What truth? You have been wrong all along in terms of Fury/Wilder you just sound paranoid because people don’t agree with you.
    Its common slang in America, like being 'sonned'. But this is not about me, we are talking about Teddy Atlas opinion. I'm not surprised that once again the thread becomes a platform to launch personal attacks against my character. I cant go anywhere on this board and talk about a particular topic, this board is full of morons.

Leave a comment:

• Kzbox
    replied
    Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

F the LDBC, these are my honest opinions. You and others on this board bring up race when I don't even accuse anyone of doing wrong based on any racial-motives, unless its obvert. The issue that this board has with me is that I make a lot of sense, I touch a nerve with facts, the truth and that's the reason why everyone hates me around here.
    So why would we discredit Wilder all this time then? And just terms like “your boy” and “wilder being a good boy” seems racially motivated maybe I’m wrong but your wording is suspect. What truth? You have been wrong all along in terms of Fury/Wilder you just sound paranoid because people don’t agree with you.

Leave a comment:

• champion4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by revelated View Post

Well, the key word in what Teddy said is "fans".

Anyone who still won't respect Wilder going out swinging like a warrior isn't a fan.

Simple.
    You are spot on and absolutely correct!

Leave a comment:

• 1hourRun
    replied
    Originally posted by Kzbox View Post

Man your mentality is absolutely baffling it seems all your posts are wrapped in conspiracies and i think it all stems from the fact you think it’s racism’s right? Need to get off them ldbc channels.
    F the LDBC, these are my honest opinions. You and others on this board bring up race when I don't even accuse anyone of doing wrong based on any racial-motives, unless its obvert. The issue that this board has with me is that I make a lot of sense, I touch a nerve with facts, the truth and that's the reason why everyone hates me around here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X