Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Backs Usyk, Joshua, Whyte To Beat Wilder - But Doesn't Rule Out a Wilder KO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Only Usyk out of those 3 could beat Wilder, and even that might not happen. It would be still like walking a tightrope for Usyk.

    Wilder v big stiff static targets like AJ or Whyte would be over in two rounds. They’re tailor made for Wilder. At least Whyte would have the ambition and balls to try and take the fight to Wilder, so he has a slim chance of success. I give AJ as good as no chance v Wilder.

    If I could pick a fighter stylistically perfect for Wilder to knock out, it would probably be the current version of Joshua

    AJ is a big stiff robot that can’t move his head and would be petrified to let his hands go. Wilder would find him easily.

    That’s assuming Wilder isn’t completely ruined now.

    Comment


    • #22
      Interesting watching this interview and seeing the difference in what he said compared to how it was presented in the article.

      He wasn't talking about Whyte and Joshua, while acknowledging that Wilder has a puncher's chance.

      He was specifically talking about how Wilder can beat anyone. That was the context.
      greeneye99 likes this.

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

        Nah, he’s been bitter at him for years. He wanted wilder to sign with him even before dayzin came on the scene in the usa. Wilder never danced to hearns tune and Hearn is a tremendously entitled ego that took that personally
        I dont believe bitter but when you see a fighter with a rival company and you think he should be a star yet he is not you cant help marvelling over the idea of what you can do with him if he was with you.
        Wilder is charismatic yet had no endorsement deals. Hearn and AJ helped his profile and got him paid he should be grateful. America was happy to see him rot in Alabama. Shame on them .The Brits offered him commentary gigs even when he was knocking out bums. It was those pays days why he is now happy to die in the ring because financially he is sorted.

        1 million pound was his biggest pay day before Hearn came along and started flirting with him. What did you think Wilder would do when he is offered such sums from Hearn? Thats right he asks for more from Big AL. Happy days for Wilder no one can say he doesn't deserve it

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post

          I dont believe bitter but when you see a fighter with a rival company and you think he should be a star yet he is not you cant help marvelling over the idea of what you can do with him if he was with you.
          Wilder is charismatic yet had no endorsement deals. Hearn and AJ helped his profile and got him paid he should be grateful. America was happy to see him rot in Alabama. Shame on them .The Brits offered him commentary gigs even when he was knocking out bums. It was those pays days why he is now happy to die in the ring because financially he is sorted.

          1 million pound was his biggest pay day before Hearn came along and started flirting with him. What did you think Wilder would do when he is offered such sums from Hearn? Thats right he asks for more from Big AL. Happy days for Wilder no one can say he doesn't deserve it
          I’m not convinced Wilder is charismatic. I think he speaks to a certain audience. All the stuff about being a king and fighting to the death in the ring speaks to some people, but it doesn’t surprise me he doesn’t have main stream endorsement deals with that kind of talk. I don’t think he’s been taught to look after his image to be fair and that’s something Hearn did well with AJ

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by Toffee View Post
            Interesting watching this interview and seeing the difference in what he said compared to how it was presented in the article.

            He wasn't talking about Whyte and Joshua, while acknowledging that Wilder has a puncher's chance.

            He was specifically talking about how Wilder can beat anyone. That was the context.
            Don't bring context to the party, it doesn't fit in with the narratives being spun here.

            Comment


            • #26
              Two fights in a row, Wilder has been bleeding from the ears, had equilibrum problems within a few rounds, looked dead on his legs within a few rounds and not been able to get the KO even when he lands flush. I'm not reading too much into that because of who he was fighting, but it should at least raise a few question marks. Especially with his age.
              Slowhand likes this.

              Comment


              • #27
                Originally posted by Pinenut View Post

                I’m not convinced Wilder is charismatic. I think he speaks to a certain audience. All the stuff about being a king and fighting to the death in the ring speaks to some people, but it doesn’t surprise me he doesn’t have main stream endorsement deals with that kind of talk. I don’t think he’s been taught to look after his image to be fair and that’s something Hearn did well with AJ
                No the nonsense he has been talking for the last few years has been cringeworthy but prior to that when he was commentating on AJ fights he was ok

                Comment


                • #28
                  Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                  Young Edward will always be bitter at wilder for not signing with dayzin
                  $120million for his mando with Breazeale then 2 fights with AJ. Wilder must be bitter at Haymon and Finkel for not allowing him to accept that deal.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                    Only Usyk out of those 3 could beat Wilder, and even that might not happen. It would be still like walking a tightrope for Usyk.

                    Wilder v big stiff static targets like AJ or Whyte would be over in two rounds. They’re tailor made for Wilder. At least Whyte would have the ambition and balls to try and take the fight to Wilder, so he has a slim chance of success. I give AJ as good as no chance v Wilder.

                    If I could pick a fighter stylistically perfect for Wilder to knock out, it would probably be the current version of Joshua

                    AJ is a big stiff robot that can’t move his head and would be petrified to let his hands go. Wilder would find him easily.

                    That’s assuming Wilder isn’t completely ruined now.
                    Excellent post , that's where this is at.

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Wilder Sparks Joshua, whyte, ruiz, and thats coming from a guy who absolutely could not stand Wilder and was hoping he was knocked out for the count so he couldnt make excuses after, but in that defeat hes made me respect him on sheer heart and his will to fight til his bitter end. Joshua aint beatin usyk in the rematch, whyte aint beating Fury. Joshua vs Whyte in a cross roads comeback fight would make sense. Eddie should keep his fighters away from Wilder... Apart from Usyk I cant see anyone else outboxing Wilder and avoiding getting hit for all 12.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP