Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Joshua Seen As Lacking Heart

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well take fury as example fury could have coasted with wilder he was ahead easily on cards. But wanted to stop wilder.
    revelated likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      Well take fury as example fury could have coasted with wilder he was ahead easily on cards. But wanted to stop wilder.
      a wise decision

Let Deontay survive and he could detonate a nuke

Comment

Joshua showed plenty of heart vs Wlad but it's because of his reactions to adversity that makes people question his heart. I think his heart is fine but he's the type of guy that will let go of the rope eventually. And that's honestly normal for a lot of fighters so I don't look at him in a bad way or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
          "Why Joshua Seen As Lacking Heart"

Because....

Full-Fight-Anthony-Joshua-Vs-Andy-Ruiz-2-UD.gif

Doe
          Amazing footwork. LOL.

Comment

He really was not helped by it being "the AJ show" over here every time he fought. Everything was in his favour the moment it wasn't it was like the earth slipped from beneath his feet. He still sometimes has a look of "what is happening" on his face especially in the corner, like an actor in a play that's gone improv and he is the only one working from his script. I mostly complained that the on team referees stopping his fights when he unloaded a flurry were actually preventing him from learning finishing instinct. Long list of things actually. Refs giving him more time, crowd always being heavy in his favour, everyone making a big deal over him, commentary favouring him etc and now I think he is questioning in his own head if he was ever what he thought he was. Scared to commit to punches, scared to take punches. One things for sure he has been vulnerable for years so i don't think it's specifically Ruiz beating him caused it but a combination of it all. I mean even as far back as the Dillian Whyte fight it was touch and go for him even before the Wlad fight, that's why Whyte has basically known that a hook can take AJs belts for years its why he wanted a rematch so badly. Speaking of the Wlad fight as well, I mean he was basically out on his feet and if Wlad had done as he wanted instead of listening to his big brother in his corner the round after AJ blew his tank he would have won that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadOfTheGypsy View Post

Wow that gif speaks more than a thousand words. It just hasn't been the same since the Ruiz loss hasn't it?

Dillian Whyte showed us how to avenge a loss. He came in wanting to knock Povetkin out, knowing Povetkin can also end it with one punch.

AJ showed heart in the Wlad fight. I blame not only the Ruiz loss but his trainer, he needs to urgently get a new trainer and abandon this amateur trainer. I appreciate loyalty it is a great quality and AJ has loads of it, but surely he must know that McCrappen isn't the one?
              And that's why I'm telling people here and also on Reddit because I'm seeing a LOT of people who just don't understand what a FIGHT is anymore because they haven't seen them like the old days.

a FIGHT is two guys trying to hurt each other.

That's not what Joshua does anymore.

That's not what Frank Sanchez does.

I can forgive weight classes under heavyweight. I can't forgive any heavyweight who does not go in there with intent to inflict damage. I cannot, and I will not.

Wilder and Fury showed us what FIGHTERS look like at heavyweight. It doesn't matter what the outcome was. They went in there trying to hurt each other and frankly, succeeded. In the meanwhile they entertained the fans for the first time in a LONG time, as far as heavyweights go. They showed us what a heavyweight FIGHT is supposed to look like. It's not supposed to be a boxing masterclass.

What frustrates me is, Tons of people are criticizing the lack of skill in that fight and they say it wasn't that good. Yet I GUARANDAMNTEE you, the next time Erislandy Lara, Shakur Stevenson or Devin Haney go in there, there will be a ton of complaints.

Hypocrisy.

Comment

Because he hasn't shown he is willing to engage since the Klit fight. I gave him a pass in Ruiz 2 because it seemed logical that he was gun shy after the first fight. I truly believe if he had fought with heart against Usyk he couldve very well won but there again he was gun shy IMO. AJ has the skillset to be great but he needs to see that greatness comes at a price and sometimes that price is being willing to take it on the chin and push through it.

Comment

Trying to box pretty to a decision with Wilder is a scarier proposition than getting in his face, smothering his offence and taking him out imho.

Comment

Fury would never have meekly handed over his belts like AJ did to Usyk.

If Fury was down on the cards heading into the 12th, Would he just box safe until the bell rang? No, he'd be over there trying to take the other guys head off his shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                      he has heart imo

But the way others speak of him. As if he needs to train his heart

Is it because he's the division's pretty boy
                      Jesus, I'm not even that experienced a fighter and even I can tell when a fighter is looking for a way out. Its obvious, they tend to fall back, don't commit to combinations, their body language is just all wrong. Joshua has shown this twice now. Its not any kind of grand conspiracy, its just obvious. I wouldn't even call it a lack of heart per se, just a tentativeness which is often the first earmark of a shot fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X