Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko-Commey Talks In Advanced Stages For December 11 At Madison Square Garden

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truth hurts to fanboys like the above. Loma is 15-2, with the 2 losses being to a semi-bum Salido, and a young prospect in Lopez. Let's not overlook that. Rigo was 4 divisions above his best weight of 118. I don't count that.

Comment

What's Loma's career defining fight? None. All OK fights, nothing special.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post

Commey no way in hell is top-5 in LW.

Nobody ranked him in that position...
        Yes he is. He's currently ranked #4 by both ring magazine and TBRB. Name the top 5 then or even top 10 don't ignore this. But you wont do it cause you don't know anything about boxing.

You got Garcia fighting JOJO who is a 126lber who got schooled by GRJ and Tank fighting another bum. Loma is the only fighter at 135lb to fight more top 5 fighters then anyone in the division. Linares whos was #1 at the time, Campbell, Lopez and now Commy all were in the top 5 when Loma fought them.
        Last edited by RetroSpeed05; 10-14-2021, 05:38 AM.

Comment

I love this fight.

Lomachenko is trying to get his revenge on Lopez, but Lopez is being difficult. Gotta fight the next best fighter you can fight. With all these network and promoter barriers, Commey #4 LW by The Ring is the next best fighter.

I would love to see Lomachenko school Haney but after his fight vs Linares, they gotta match him carefully. Haney was holding on for dear life there for a couple of rounds vs Linares. A very pathetic display of "fighting" by him. Maybe Wilder should have had the Haney's train him with their holding tactics that way he may have survived vs Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
            Truth hurts to fanboys like the above. Loma is 15-2, with the 2 losses being to a semi-bum Salido, and a young prospect in Lopez. Let's not overlook that. Rigo was 4 divisions above his best weight of 118. I don't count that.
            But no one is trying to fight a "semi-bum" like Salido in their second fight. No promoter would allow that. Especially one who came in overweight.

Lomachenko pretty much forced Arum's hand.

No matter if he had 1,000 amateur fights, none of those fights will prepare you for a rugged, durable, pro veteran in only your second fight.

And this semi-bum gave a hyped up Juan Manuel Lopez, prime Mikey Garcia, and undefeated Francisco Vargas all they can handle. A lot of fans feel like Mikey Garcia quit vs Salido.

Let's also not sweep this under the rug: Salido came in overweight, and not by mistake. He came in almost 3lbs overweight. This was not enough for Salido, he also had to come in at 147lbs in the ring for a 126lb fight vs Lomachenko's 135lbs in ring weight. It doesn't stop there. Despite coming in 2 and a half lbs overweight, and putting on 20lbs, he felt the need to constantly and blatantly low blow Lomachenko, Andrew Golota style.

Despite ALL of this, he still lost on one judge's scorecard, and won 115-113 on another judge's scorecard, and somehow won 8 rounds on the third judge's scorecard. This guy cheated from the weigh in to the last bell, put on 20lbs, and still barely beat a guy who had 1 pro fight. That guy he beat must've been pretty special.
            Cypocryphy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
              Dude. Don't even start. Loma's fights make Tanks whole career look as if he's been fighting Uber drivers and drunks outside of a bar. So let's not go there. Especially because Tank has been ducking Loma for the last six years If I were you, I'd feel ashamed to have his picture as an avatar, considering how you feel about Loma

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post

Dude. Don't even start. Loma's fights make Tanks whole career look as if he's been fighting Uber drivers and drunks outside of a bar. So let's not go there. Especially because Tank has been ducking Loma for the last six years If I were you, I'd feel ashamed to have his picture as an avatar, considering how you feel about Loma
                Didn't Tank beat Pedraza more impressively before Lomachenko did?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Didn't Tank beat Pedraza more impressively before Lomachenko did?
                  He got a TKO. It wasn't significantly more impressive IMO. Loma just came off of surgery too. However, it doesn't change the fact that Tank has been ducking Loma for six years and counting. Tank knows he'd be made to look foolish fighting Loma. He'd be outclassed. So he'll duck Loma ad infinitum. I'm just spitting facts.

BTW: If he beat Pedraza more impressively, that's Jose's fault for having a garbage plan of standing in the pocket and playing rockem sockem with Tank. I have never seen Pedraza fight that way before or after. Worst strategy ever.
                  Last edited by Cypocryphy; 10-16-2021, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X