Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Manager: Win or Lose Against Usyk, Joshua is Still a Massive Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

For all his faults, he spent about 3 years trying to do just that and so did DAZN.
    No they didn’t. They just wanted to sign wilder so dazn could sell in the USA. They never guaranteed wilder could get Joshua. Please stop telling these biased lies

Comment

Andy Ruiz would be a really good next opponent for Wilder. A winnable fight but also a credible opponent. I suspect they'll go for someone easier than that despite what Finkel is saying, but I'd definitely watch if it was against Ruiz.

The only way I see Joshua fighting Wilder is if he beats Usyk and then Fury and starts believing he is lord of all he surveys once again and then wants to beat Wilder to close the book on the competition in this era. Seems unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by EternallyIll View Post

They made 125 Million revenue With Fury-Wilder 2 and they were still expecting to make more. They wouldn't keep charging $70-$80 for every Wilder PPV if they were losing money on them. Even before fighting Fury the revenue on the second ortiz fight was 25M per espn. everything you say is so full of ****.
        What are you smoking my friend?
        125 million?
        Lololololol
        Those 2 Wilder/Fury barely broke even

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

He hasn’t beaten anyone of note and losing to Fury and/or being outclassed by him 3 times isn’t necessarily achievement, but he’s got a chin and firepower, so any of those match ups you mention are gold

He's got a chin ? Every time he's ever been touched, he wobbles. Him surviving Fury for as long as he did is more of a knock of Fury's power and finishing ability than Wilders chin. Firepower ? Who's Wilder knocked out of note ? Stiverne? Brazeale ? Ortiz ? Give me a break. Those guy's are / were overrated stiffs.

Comment

I think Fury made Wilder a better fighter. I cant find any indication that AJ is any better today than he was the last couple years. Before I had it as a 60/40 fight in Wilders Favor. Now I got it 85/15 Wilder.
            85/15 to Wilder…wow, hey Wilder went into Fury fight with 0-1-1 record and still was given a punchers chance, AJ hits a lot harder than Fury, you at least have to give him that and that’s worth more than 15% because Wilder gets hit …a lot.

Comment

Finkel can smell easy money! It's got to be admitted Finkel has always, like Wilder wanted the fight .....they just didn't want 15%

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post

20 mill? Not sure about that. Especially if he only got 9 or 10 mill this last fight vs Fury.
                AJ generates much more than FURY. 20 million is easily a very realistic figure Wilder would earn. I was actually being modest, he should earn more

Comment

I think Fury made Wilder a better fighter. I cant find any indication that AJ is any better today than he was the last couple years. Before I had it as a 60/40 fight in Wilders Favor. Now I got it 85/15 Wilder.
                  Fury made WILDER a better fighter how? He has just exposed the game plan to destroy wilder. Apply educated pressure pushing him backwards. Cover up for two rounds . Clinch as much as you can in the early rounds you wont regret it. Then walk him down and finish him. He gases worse than AJ. At least AJ has had years dealing with muscle fatigue.
                  However, i will admit if AJ adopts this boxer bull**** style against Wilder he is getting himself KTFO. Thankfully Wilder doesn't throw combinations so we should be good
                  P to the J likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

No they didn’t. They just wanted to sign wilder so dazn could sell in the USA. They never guaranteed wilder could get Joshua. Please stop telling these biased lies
                    ‘biased lies’.

This is quite a bizarre response. I’m sure they offered Wilder more than a cpl of deals W/Joshua fights involved based in actual news. Unless you’ve actual got proof of the opposite happening..

Yeah, I take your point about prob wanting to tie Wilder to the network; that’s not lost on me. But this ‘no fight’ was offered thing is close to the mad ‘stolen election’ and ‘loaded gloves’ conspiracies.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post

AJ generates much more than FURY. 20 million is easily a very realistic figure Wilder would earn. I was actually being modest, he should earn more
                      Maybe if he had a belt hed earn that much. He has nothing now. No leverage, no nada. AJ on the other hand still has a massive following regardless of his most recent loss. In the end, they both fcuked up by not fighting eachother a few years ago cause they both couldve earned something crazy in terms of dollar figures AND respect.

Comment

Working...
                      X