Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson calls Fury and WIlder ATGs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fury is on his way to being an ATG. Shit, already I think he could probably beat any heavyweight who’s ever set foot inside a ring. That combination of skills, movement, ring IQ, toughness, heart and size is exceedingly hard to beat. As for Wilder, I think Mike was paying respect to Deontay’s warrior heart. But surely that third installment in the Fury-Wilder saga is one for the books. Exciting as they come.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Fury is on his way to being an ATG. Shit, already I think he could probably beat any heavyweight who’s ever set foot inside a ring. That combination of skills, movement, ring IQ, toughness, heart and size is exceedingly hard to beat. As for Wilder, I think Mike was paying respect to Deontay’s warrior heart. But surely that third installment in the Fury-Wilder saga is one for the books. Exciting as they come.
      Tyson Fury has not used movement for a long time, he is not hard to solve anymore 'Deontay Wilder who is not very accurate Puncher, had no problem hitting him in almost every single round'.

Why do you, and other people keep on insisting that Tyson Fury as of right now 'Is some sort of defensive genius?'.

What are you actually watching?

Tyson Fury has just been decked twice, again. Since Wilder I, Tyson Fury has been there to be hit in all of his fights.

This Kronk Fury is not peak Fury. Fury's peak was under Peter Fury, but unfortunately that version of Fury did not get the opportunity to push the limits of his abilities etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

I give credit to Fury for pushing forward and doing what was expected I give credit for the determination he displayed. It isnt always about the skills but the fighting spirit. Like you said he doesnt have the skills of AJ, Fury or Usyk but he doesnt realize that and that's where his fighting spirit comes from and that's what made it a fun fight to see. I credit AJ for the Klitsko fight. He displayed something special in that fight but hasn't shown that since. At this point I would rather see AJ and Wilder fight than anybody in the division because it does have a degree of uncertainty now no matter who you root for. AJ has more boxing ability with power but no heart and Wilder has very little to no ability with power and the heart of a lion.
        Yeah i agree. With no heart and courage he doesnt even get passed Usyk. I didn't even like the way he performed against Ruiz 2. He fights cautious like he did against USYK vs Wilder and Wilder will finish him. As much as AJ feels he can fight on the back foot he cant . He needs to be on the front foot and impose himself
        Get em up likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

Tyson Fury has not used movement for a long time, he is not hard to solve anymore 'Deontay Wilder who is not very accurate Puncher, had no problem hitting him in almost every single round'.

Why do you, and other people keep on insisting that Tyson Fury as of right now 'Is some sort of defensive genius?'.

What are you actually watching?

Tyson Fury has just been decked twice, again. Since Wilder I, Tyson Fury has been there to be hit in all of his fights.

This Kronk Fury is not peak Fury. Fury's peak was under Peter Fury, but unfortunately that version of Fury did not get the opportunity to push the limits of his abilities etc.
          I don’t disagree. What I meant was, of course, “peak” Fury. The guy we’ve seen before is at least a handful for any heavyweight that’s ever lived, and it’s conceivable we haven’t even seen the best version of Fury yet. He’s only 33 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
            TaWkScl.jpg

Boxing is a very funny sport. It's the only sport where a man can get beaten to a pulp, have a shiiitty resume without fighting anyone and be labelled an ATG.

I actually hate this sport sometimes due the favouritism and nationalistic tendencies involved. And it's mostly about narrative and politics.

This is why I feel for dumb boxers that always allow promoters use them as workhorse. Mayweather already showed the blueprint.

Be smart.
            What? You don't like Mike now man?

Comment

Im sorry beating Wilder 2 or 3 times and staying out of harms way without really landing a meaningful punch in the Klitschko fight does not catapult him in my view to being the most complete heavyweight fighter in history. Before WILDER most of you believed that he wasnt sh*it so beating Wilder proves he can beat Ali, Liston and Lennox?

Comment

Wilder is not an ATG.

Fury might be, but he’s fighting in an era where it’s hard to put together a resume that shows it.

But head-to-head, he’d be tough for many ATG heavies.
                CubanGuyNYC likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post

Im sorry beating Wilder 2 or 3 times and staying out of harms way without really landing a meaningful punch in the Klitschko fight does not catapult him in my view to being the most complete heavyweight fighter in history. Before WILDER most of you believed that he wasnt sh*it so beating Wilder proves he can beat Ali, Liston and Lennox?
                  Wilder and Klitschko are two huge men, so Tyson’s size is somewhat mitigated against them. Even Lennox is dwarfed by Fury. Size certainly isn’t everything, but when you combine effective size with everything else, it becomes a big component in a fighter’s arsenal. I’m not trying to say Tyson is the most complete heavyweight, just that his combination of attributes makes him a tall order for anyone who’s ever lived — literally and figuratively. Ali, for instance, was the clearly better boxer, but I doubt he could’ve dealt with a 6’9” opponent of Fury’s caliber. We can never know who wins these fantasy match-ups, but I’d put my money on a peak-condition Fury against anyone who’s ever laced up the gloves.

Comment

Wilder and Klitschko are two huge men, so Tyson’s size is somewhat mitigated against them. Even Lennox is dwarfed by Fury. Size certainly isn’t everything, but when you combine effective size with everything else, it becomes a big component in a fighter’s arsenal. I’m not trying to say Tyson is the most complete heavyweight, just that his combination of attributes makes him a tall order for anyone who’s ever lived — literally and figuratively. Ali, for instance, was the clearly better boxer, but I doubt he could’ve dealt with a 6’9” opponent of Fury’s caliber. We can never know who wins these fantasy match-ups, but I’d put my money on a peak-condition Fury against anyone who’s ever laced up the gloves.
                    Fair enough
                    CubanGuyNYC likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by YGriffith View Post
                      Yep let's just ignore his 10 consecutive title defences and the highest KO record amongst heavyweight champions.
                      Where is the substance and credentials in those wins and how did wilder win his belt or was he gifted it against a fat c level guy with dreads

and he's kod a bunch of d level at best guys

The best ko was against King Kong and he was getting beaten bad in both fights before his lucky punches

Comment

Working...
                      X