Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Felt Conditioning and Lack of Movement Was Wilder's Downfall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clenelo also said that beyonce wilder needed some of that PED meat to improve his conditioning LOL the same PED meat clenelo got busted for against golovkin.
    Boxing Scene likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Coachcody View Post
      When did heavyweights quit moving their feet like Holmes and Ali? Wilder has the feet work of a fighter from the year 1890...

I was thinking of that when watching Usyk vs AJ. I used to think like many older generation guys like Ali would be too small in todays world but then when I saw Usyk there moving around so well and schooling 20 pound bigger AJ, making him look slow and robotic, kind of changed my opinion a bit.
      Charlie Zelenoff, Oldskoolg and 2 others like this.

Comment

I think Malik Scott is very knowledgeable and seems like a good trainer, but I was alarmed at Wilder looking so tired after ae coupler of rounds.

Too much bulk and not enough cardio, clearly. Not criticising his bravery, just the conditioning, although he somehow made it to round 11.
        OldTerry likes this.

Comment

Yeah I think Wilder's conditioning was ultimately his down fall. If he had better conditioning, he could of thrown more and had more chances to land big but it took him so much energy just to throw a punch beyond the 3rd-4th rd. He really gassed quickly and that surprised me that he came in around the same weight as he did for their rematch. I think he doesn't handle that extra weight well.

Heck, he was 215lbs against Ortiz. Why not come in that low to have that much more stamina? I suppose they truly felt the need to pack on the extra weight to combat Fury's weight bully tactics, but Wilder clearly can't handle the extra weight so in the end, Fury would never be a winnable fight for him unless he can actually hurt him weighing 215lbs...

Comment

Wilder is a 6'7 FT powerhouse from Alabama, dude ain't gonna move like Loma or Rigo... Fury moves well for one of those giant dudez but he's very special.

Comment

Originally posted by OGBIGSACK View Post
              even that was being countered by fury. if wilder stuck with the body attack tyson was figuring it out as we saw at the end of the first round when he rocked wilder with a counter shot. fury had an answer for everything beyonce threw at him.

This is fact that some people seemed to have missed.

Fury was biding his time while Wilder was firing the body shots and attacking in round one. He waited for the opportune time to attack Wilder late in the first round and hurt Wilder with clean, hard shots. That changed the whole complexion of the fight. Wilder was reminded very early in the fight what he was up against and he quickly fell apart because he was being out skilled AND hurt by a lot of the shots that Fury hit him with.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                I think Malik Scott is very knowledgeable and seems like a good trainer, but I was alarmed at Wilder looking so tired after ae coupler of rounds.

Too much bulk and not enough cardio, clearly. Not criticising his bravery, just the conditioning, although he somehow made it to round 11.
                Good point about the conditioning. I believe Wilder's extra weight (even if it was muscle) was a detriment, not an advantage. A 210 pound Wilder would have not tired so easily and the punch would still have been there for him. In my opinion any fighter is at his best when he is the lightest weight he can be yet still retain all of his strength.
                Last edited by OldTerry; 10-13-2021, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
                  Those jabs to the body were landing every ****ing time and instead of continuing and using them to set other stuff up he basically stopped throwing them by the third so he could revert to his usual schtick. A lot of the time Fury was just staying at distance then leaping in with a 1-2 into a clinch as well. A decent jab, lateral movement, hooks and uppercuts might have made that harder to do, but,...you know...Wilder.
                  Jabbing to the body with no purpose, almost like he was saying "look at me, I can jab to the body"
                  Slowhand and OldTerry like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

People watch them to lose? Who? What an odd comparison to compare Canelo and fury in such a way. People flood stadiums to watch Canelo because of nationalism and ethnic pride. He isn’t the most popular because people want to see him lose.
                    Agreed and I would add people like to watch Canelo fight because he truly is a gifted fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                      Wilder doesn't need to run, he's blessed with natural stamina, or so he says. I say, there is no such thing, if you don't run, you can't run.
                      You can build stamina without running by bicycling or something similar. My guess though is that Wilder is not investing much time doing either..
                      Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X