No announcement yet.

Seemed like more Americans were rooting for Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abby26 View Post
    Its racial. blacks are only 12.8% of the population but commit 56% of the murders. So whites imagine how much safer and nicer the US would be without them. Dave chappelle has shown us that hating is ok. he hates trans. whites hate black. life goes on. Thank God i was blessed white. we run dis ****
    Funny how this dickhead justified the post just above him.
    Brumsongs1 Brumsongs1 likes this.

Comment

I can't root for anybody making millions in this country to beat people up and then trying to turn their fight into a race war. Wilder got what he deserved and maybe next time he will be a little more humble

Comment

Was mostly due to his excuses IMO. He had a lot more support in the second fight. Boxing fans were tired of him.

Comment

Originally posted by jurob View Post
          And to be honest, it seemed like more white Americans were rooting for Fury and black Americans were rooting for Wilder. We know most English were rooting for Fury because they are all about their country. I base this mainly on the fans reaction during the three fights.

is it because Wilder is a douche or racial, or?
          It's because the Americans have a BIG problem with racism unfortunately and just like here in the UK those flames are fanned by Marxist founded groups like the BLM and Antifa.

And the constant use of identity politics into just about EVERYTHING isn't helping matters either. Everyone is obsessed with being as 'Woke' as humanly possible and they don't realise that doing this caused racial, gender and sexuality division rather than harmony.

Thankfully the same thing that happened in the 00s will happen again at some point, and I think we're getting close to that time now. Back in the 90s it was called Political Correctness instead of Wokeness and things started to get REALLY ridiculous in the late 90s, so ridiculous that everyone got fed up and stopped listening to the mostly middle aged middle class white women that were peddling this nonsense. They realised that nobody was listening and they stopped with the madness at around the year 2000.

Once everything settled down and calmed down PC did have the benefit of improving the rights of ethnic minorities, women and gay people and I'm expecting the same thing to happen in a few years, trans rights will be improved for example.

But going back to the state of racism in America it seems like things were less intense in the 90s, and the same can be said here in the UK too. Those two Marxist founded groups have set race relations back 30 years or so, and it's very sad to see
          Last edited by snowdog; 10-13-2021, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Nobody roots for Wilder because he is a repellent individual. Radioactive stupidity on display 24/7.

also why would a white person root for a guy that is obviously a racist black supremacist? All those LDBC people ****ing hate whitey lol
            Rec28 Rec28 likes this.

Comment

The crowd and American sports media were visibly pro-Wilder in the third fight.

People root for athletes based on their country, politics, whatever. Race is no different and no race of people are above it either. Many people probably rooted for Fury because he is white and many people rooted for Wilder because he is black.

Boxing has always been a racially charged sport. I don't care. Root for who you want for whatever reason you want.

Comment

If Wilder was a decent human, I would've went with the American, but because he's a racist and a piece of shit, I wanted him to not only lose, but to get battered. Thankfully I got both. I lost $10 on him since I picked him as an underdog, but had no problem watching him get knocked out, $10 wasted, but not mad at all since he got beat up and knocked out.

Comment

I began to dislike Wilder after the comments he made about beating Mike Tyson in his prime. Then I really started to dislike him after the 87 excuses he made after the 2nd Fury fight. It would be great to have a legit American heavyweight champion, but I don't think it's happening anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by patron View Post
                    As an American I rooted for Tyson Fury. Where a fighter is from is not a factor in my decision to support them. I can list all the reasons I supported Fury over Wilder, but would run out of characters allowed on this post.
                    Same here....I used to be a fan of Wilder. I remember seeing him fight live in person in Costa Mesa,CA in 2012 I believe. Was blown away by his size and potential for him....but then fame and wealth changed that humble character of his for the worst imo and what you have now is a classless,delusional arrogant prick.
                    patron patron likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by jurob View Post
                      And to be honest, it seemed like more white Americans were rooting for Fury and black Americans were rooting for Wilder. We know most English were rooting for Fury because they are all about their country. I base this mainly on the fans reaction during the three fights.

is it because Wilder is a douche or racial, or?
                      I don't support nationalities. I'm English, and yes, Fury is my fave fighter and I root for him vs anyone, but Wilder is my second fave in the division and I would root for him vs Joshua or Whyte, just as I supported Golovkin over Brook, Crawford over Khan, Gervonta Davis over anyone. I have a list of guys I support, and it has nothing to do with nationality, but has to do with ability, personality, character, heart, and things like that. Fury ticks all the boxes for me personally. That's why he has been my fave since 2011, even though, at that time, he was just domestic level, the potential for greatness was there. I also support Canelo and he has pretty much worked his way through all of England in and around his weight.

Boxing is an individual sport, not a team sport. Fury vs Wilder is Fury vs Wilder, not England vs America. That's how it is to me anyway. In boxing, I don't support a flag, I support a man. Nash out.

Comment

Working...
                      X