No announcement yet.

Seemed like more Americans were rooting for Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seemed like more Americans were rooting for Fury

And to be honest, it seemed like more white Americans were rooting for Fury and black Americans were rooting for Wilder. We know most English were rooting for Fury because they are all about their country. I base this mainly on the fans reaction during the three fights.

is it because Wilder is a douche or racial, or?

I should say, I don’t like Wilder, but always root for an American if he is fighting a foreign fighter.

Comment

I think its partly racial but also partly (and probably more so) Americans abandoning ship once they realized Wilder was not going to be winning these fights.

Comment

- -Deyonce not a popular fighter, hence his peanut purses. Blubber Fury not much more popular in the UK, and since both been ducking AJ, made sense for Blubber to come to American to win a title for peanuts where he won't have to face fans irate that he been ducking AJ.

Comment

All Wilder's racial stuff must put some of his white fans off him, I saw the same in the UK with Joshua. But at the same time alot of his pathetic excuse making made him quite embarrassing to support too.

But America does seem a real racist country I can see why African Americans feel the need to stick together and promote their own as much as they do.

Comment

Its racial. blacks are only 12.8% of the population but commit 56% of the murders. So whites imagine how much safer and nicer the US would be without them. Dave chappelle has shown us that hating is ok. he hates trans. whites hate black. life goes on. Thank God i was blessed white. we run dis ****

Comment

I think Wilder turned a lot of honest boxing fans off him due to outlandish claims & ridiculous excuses.

​​​​​​
              ​​​​​

Comment

As an American I rooted for Tyson Fury. Where a fighter is from is not a factor in my decision to support them. I can list all the reasons I supported Fury over Wilder, but would run out of characters allowed on this post.

Comment

I'm sure some of it was racial, some of it was Wilder's personality and the excuses after the 2nd fight.

I just watched without actively supporting one over the other. Of my friends that watched, the majority were leaning towards Fury and they were a diverse collection of backgrounds.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                    - -Deyonce not a popular fighter, hence his peanut purses. Blubber Fury not much more popular in the UK, and since both been ducking AJ, made sense for Blubber to come to American to win a title for peanuts where he won't have to face fans irate that he been ducking AJ.
                    Loooool didn't they make like $30m between them????

Who on ****ing planet earth is delusional enough to think two fighters who traded 5 knockdowns between them are ducking Joshua of all people

Comment

Working...
                    X