Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF Deontay Wilder is such a terrible boxer, then why did legendary Emmanuel Steward say he’s the next great HW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IF Deontay Wilder is such a terrible boxer, then why did legendary Emmanuel Steward say he’s the next great HW?

    Explain yourselves, wilder haters. Speaking in 2012, the legendary hall of fame trainer and one of if not the greatest trainer of all time Emmanuel Steward said Deontay wilder is the next best heavyweight. He said he trained with him and he has great speed and power and an amazing talent.

    But apparently he’s one of the worst boxers ever, with no boxing ability? Yet one of the best trainers ever trained with him And said he’s the next best thing. Hmmm something’s not adding up here.

    Or could it be that fury was just too big and furys awkward style was just too difficult for wilder. Deontay will never have to fight someone that big and awkward ever again. He will run through the rest of the division!
    iamboxing likes this.

  • #2
    So your eyes see worse than your ears ?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
      So your eyes see worse than your ears ?
      My eyes saw him knock out 41 opponents, that doesn’t happen through luck every single time. My eyes only saw him lose to one man, a man who was a LOT bigger and heavier and has an awkward style.

      Comment


      • #4
        Steward didn’t witness Wlad dropping Wilder he had already passed away years before . He probably also thought he would eventually train him at some point when he was around him . There wasn’t to many tall punchers at that time either . Wilder won the belt against Stiverne not Klitschko brothers I think people don’t understand that and at that time heavyweights were Povetkin ,Pulev and maybe A Jennings coming up ?
        Last edited by REDEEMER; 10-12-2021, 06:37 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post
          Explain yourselves, wilder haters. Speaking in 2012, the legendary hall of fame trainer and one of if not the greatest trainer of all time Emmanuel Steward said Deontay wilder is the next best heavyweight. He said he trained with him and he has great speed and power and an amazing talent.

          But apparently he’s one of the worst boxers ever, with no boxing ability? Yet one of the best trainers ever trained with him And said he’s the next best thing. Hmmm something’s not adding up here.

          Or could it be that fury was just too big and furys awkward style was just too difficult for wilder. Deontay will never have to fight someone that big and awkward ever again. He will run through the rest of the division!
          There was just KLITSCHKO at the time who else was he suppose to say Seth Mitchell or Chisora?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post

            My eyes saw him knock out 41 opponents, that doesn’t happen through luck every single time. My eyes only saw him lose to one man, a man who was a LOT bigger and heavier and has an awkward style.
            Youre as good as you beat its a terrible HW era.

            He doesn't know the basics of boxing, you don't move into the power hand he was asking to be KOed, the best punch he had was the jab to the body its stopped Fury in his tracks every time, so what does he abandon when he needed it the most.

            Tough big heart big power big height, cant box for sht.

            Comment


            • #7
              Steward saw him so powerful and fast. That impressed him I guess. I'm assuming Steward knew he had shortcomings, but knew wilder only needed to be perfect for 2 seconds
              Last edited by hugh grant; 10-12-2021, 06:47 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                He saw a guy that had been blessed with great KO power and probably expected him to develop other aspects of his game as time went on. He was probably projecting what he though Wilder could be.
                Deontay just wasn’t interested in that. He was content waiting to load up that bomb in his right hand and was never worked on a lot of fundamentals because he never had to.
                Worked for him and Haymon was careful to match him well until they tried to cherry pick a Tyson Fury that they thought was shot but turned out to be a terrible matchup for him.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yep, Wilder isn't a great boxer, but his boxing skills are severely underrated by his haters. I think he would have annihilated AJ and Whyte, but because of the ****ty way the sport is governed today he faced one of the most awkward fighters of the 21st century, and, worse still, he'll be probably take the hate to heart and retire, when he could easily come back , still fill arenas with his fan-friendly style and beat the rest of the HW division.

                  It's like if Shavers retired in 1977 and we never got to see his fights against Holmes and his KO of Norton.
                  LoadedWraps likes this.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                    Steward didn’t witness Wlad dropping Wilder he had already passed away years before . He probably also thought he would eventually train him at some point when he was around him . There wasn’t to many tall punchers at that time either . Wilder won the belt against Stiverne not Klitschko brothers I think people don’t understand that and at that time heavyweights were Povetkin ,Pulev and maybe A Jennings coming up ?
                    Steward saw someone with a lot of potential. But like a lot of Haymon fighters, they platue and their craft stops developing because of the lack of challenges
                    Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP