Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who on earth could possibly excited for a fight like Fury-Whyte after last night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who on earth could possibly excited for a fight like Fury-Whyte after last night?

Almost makes me sad knowing this could even happen.

The world cares about Whyte getting his shot.

Why are you lot so obsessed with Whyte? He's a legit top-5 HW with a better resume than Wilder's.

Yes, we all want to see it!
    ballencrieff likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
      The world cares about Whyte getting his shot.

Why are you lot so obsessed with Whyte? He's a legit top-5 HW with a better resume than Wilder's.

Yes, we all want to see it!
      Afraid of him doing better. Wilder and Fury have no comparison to the other HW's because they refuse to fight them, so if Whyte does better against Fury they both take a hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post

Afraid of him doing better.
        Boxing-1013 likes this.

Comment

I wouldn't write off Whyte entirely. He's got a huge punch and even box a bit from time to time. Of course he'll still be a very big underdog against Fury but it's not like he's no threat whatsoever, especially if Fury doesn't take him seriously.

It also has some value in that it's an all-British fight. It's not exactly the fight that Fury-Joshua would have been but it'd be a decent homecoming fight for Fury that'd do good numbers in the UK. It's also not like there's really anything better out there for Fury right now, as Usyk and Joshua have each other tied up with their rematch, he's just beaten Wilder for the last time, and Whyte is probably the next best fighter in the division right now.

That said, Whyte has to get past Wallin first, which isn't a guarantee by any stretch of the imagination. If he doesn't, he has a rematch clause that'll also prevent Wallin from fighting Fury if he wins.
          ballencrieff likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

He only has to win 3 rounds and survive.

Comment

Yeah Whyte will come to fight and can bang and will go out on his shield.
              ballencrieff likes this.

Comment

Never liked this fight I think its a mismatch of the highest order even if Whyte is top 5 or lingering.

I'm not even convinced Whyte gets past Wallin in all honesty
                Mammoth and Boxing-1013 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post

Afraid of him doing better. Wilder and Fury have no comparison to the other HW's because they refuse to fight them, so if Whyte does better against Fury they both take a hit.
                  Whyte sparks the both of them.

They are scared Whyte would be the one to stop Fury's hype train.

I don't think Fury will take the fight. He'll most likely opt for a franchise belt if Whyte beats Wallin.

But if Whyte wins - he'll stall the fight until the winner of AJ vs Usyk 2 rematch.

If AJ wins, the pressure would be on Hearn and AJ to get Whyte to step aside. But if Usyk wins, Fury will drop the belt.
                  ballencrieff likes this.

Comment

Well either way, he deserves his shot if he’s mandatory.

I think Wallin might beat him anyway, so it may never happen. If Whyte wins then give him his shot. He did what he needed, paid his sanctioning fees etc. It’s only fair.

I don’t think it’s an exciting fight though, Fury is several levels above. Still, when you look at the mandatory challengers we often get in boxing, a lot are complete bums, like really not even close to world level, so Whyte is an ok fight for a mandatory

Comment

Working...
                    X