Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should frank sanchez been dq'd vs efe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should frank sanchez been dq'd vs efe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRKzaSv7GXc

I say yes but the ref was biased

Originally posted by saopaulo View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRKzaSv7GXc

I say yes but the ref was biased
    DQ only works if Efe played the part and didn’t get up. at best, a point reduction, and it’s not the first time. Just like your girl GGG whom u adore… should he have been disqualified hitting Lemieux on his knee?
    4truth likes this.

Comment

It sucks that it happened but it does happened often. You can also slow it down as much as you like to make look as intentional want it to look, but in real time he locked in a two punch combination and fired it. At that point its at the desecration of the judge and he didn't thinking it was intentional. I didn't either.

Efe got outclassed, I was actually expecting more from him. I've only seen a little bit of Sanchez and this fight made me a fan. It sucks that he is in the same camp as Ruiz. I think he could out point Ruiz and give Usyk a run for his money.

Comment

No, it wasn't that late or intentional, nor did it change the outcome of the fight.

Efe should've gotten up to 5 minutes to recover if he needed the time, though.

Comment

Not automatically, even though fighters have been DQd for less. Point deduction absolutely and give up to 5 minutes for recovery to victim.

Comment

No. Also the Cuban flash looked good, if somewhat boring, and he won every round. Ajagba looks no better than top 50-60 HW. Nash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post

DQ only works if Efe played the part and didn’t get up. at best, a point reduction, and it’s not the first time. Just like your girl GGG whom u adore… should he have been disqualified hitting Lemieux on his knee?
              in both instances there should have been a point deduction and time given to recover. Since neither foul was overly blatant, a DQ would have been excessive......

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                No, it wasn't that late or intentional, nor did it change the outcome of the fight.

Efe should've gotten up to 5 minutes to recover if he needed the time, though.
                I believe the ref asked Efe if he was good to go and Efe nodded. It’s possible he didn’t understand at the time what he was giving up but the ref wasn’t going to read him his rights.

Comment

No DQ, but the ref handled it all wrong. First there was no standing 8 count given. Then after the referee said it was a foul, there should have been 1 point taken away and asked if Ajagba needed time to recover. Regardless, it didnt effect the outcome, but consistency within the rules are the more concerning issue.
                  PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by mromano View Post
                    No DQ, but the ref handled it all wrong. First there was no standing 8 count given. Then after the referee said it was a foul, there should have been 1 point taken away and asked if Ajagba needed time to recover. Regardless, it didnt effect the outcome, but consistency within the rules are the more concerning issue.
                    I don’t recall the ref acknowledging the foul. He looked to the judges to say “knockdown.”

Comment

Working...
                    X