Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only Fury fan that actually rates him less highly after Yesterday? I'm starting to think Usyk can beat him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He needs to be in the shape he was in against Klitschko.

247 lbs, that is the best version of Fury by the mile.

Comment

Yep he looked TERRIBLE! Was easily his worst performance of all the 3 fights.

Comment

I give Usyk a real shot. His IQ alone will require Fury to do some work to get a win. Fury is also used to being the more mobile guy, even at 6'9 and I think Usyk is just as mobile if not moreso.

Add to it that he's a crafty as southpaw that is a bit crazy like Fury and it makes for an interesting fight lol.

Comment

I think it was the best Wilder I've seen and the worst Tyson Fury. I don't think he is on the slide more he had difficulties outside of the ring and not the best camp.

I think he will be lighter and a lot sharper for Usyk & he will need to be. If he comes in at 277 or close, I'm taking Usyk too run rings around him

Comment

How can anyone think Fury stock goes down after getting up from a shot that ripples all the way through his body. I was rooting for Wilder and both guys stock goes up. Anybody who didnt see that fight as short of spectacular isnt a boxing fan just a fan boy.

https://youtu.be/NtskQloE9MY

Comment

I don't think people are giving Wilder enough credit for a much improved, much more focused, prepared and spirited effort this time around. I know that the done thing round here is to write off a fighter as garbage when they lose for the first time, but even a good fighter can lose to a great one.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
                How can anyone think Fury stock goes down after getting up from a shot that ripples all the way through his body. I was rooting for Wilder and both guys stock goes up. Anybody who didnt see that fight as short of spectacular isnt a boxing fan just a fan boy.

https://youtu.be/NtskQloE9MY
                I like Wilder as well. Will always be a fan. But he was freakishly basic. It's actually kinda frustrating. And his game plan was all wrong. Add to this Fury looked sluggish. His willpower alone snuck him through that fight
                a seasoned vet like Usyk would never allow him to gey away with the mistakes he was making, especially those on the inside and his general lack of movement in the opening rounds. But my fear is also that Wilder may be shot. He barely looked like he had the gas tank for an amateur fight let alone twelve rounds.

Yes it was a hell of a fight. But it was halrdy a showcase of great boxing.

Comment

I feel the exact same way.

I thought he looked like a slow tub of **** who threw his skills out the window to do stupid stuff.

Usually not a formula for success.

Comment

He did look somewhat ring-rusty, but that's normal considering the delays and drama and whatnot. His defensive reflexes looked like they could use a little bit more practice, and he allowed himself to get caught with a couple shots he did not see that nearly cost him the fight (fortunately he's got extreme recuperative powers). Otherwise I believe he actually improved a touch in his big-man beatdown style; his punches were more compact and "felt" heavier. He did not utilize his usual feints as much as he could which would have been to his benefit.

Usyk can beat anybody; in their potential future fight I believe it's more of a matter of Fury finding a way of disabling him, being the bigger guy with comparable skill.

Comment

Could be any number of reasons why he fought and looked like he did. Im going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume this was the style and weight they felt was best for fighting Wilder. I would like to see him incorporate the Kronk style with his other boxing skills instead of trying to be a pure seek and destroy fighter. Hopefully thats the plan moving forward.

Comment

Working...
                      X