Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only Fury fan that actually rates him less highly after Yesterday? I'm starting to think Usyk can beat him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    I don't have any issues at all with Fury. I think he was prepared very well that fight. He was trying to come in heavy for a reason. Let him prepare of Usyk and you'll see a different Fury. At the end of 11 high energy rounds Fury was STILL throwing hard leather. He manhandled Wilder and outlanded him 2-1. I don't know what others expected from Fury. He looked great to me. All of this goes to show what a GREAT job Sugar Hill and his team did to prepare Fury.

    Comment


    • #12
      That wasn't the best version of Fury. That's why the fight became so compelling. He took time to find his second wind.

      ​​​​​​Fury can absolutely be beaten. Ask him to turn up in shape and ready 3 times in 18 months against all comers. He's not had to do that. I'm confident he'll slip up, he's just that type of character.

      ​​​​​​​All points a bit to Fury's worst enemy being Fury, though there's a style that's kryptonite for everyone.

      As for beating Wilder, he deserves credit. But nowhere near what he's getting right now. Wilder has fought one guy. There times. And got beaten up three times. If it wasn't for contractual screw ups it would never have been worth a trilogy.

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by medic5678 View Post
        I don't have any issues at all with Fury. I think he was prepared very well that fight. He was trying to come in heavy for a reason. Let him prepare of Usyk and you'll see a different Fury. At the end of 11 high energy rounds Fury was STILL throwing hard leather. He manhandled Wilder and outlanded him 2-1. I don't know what others expected from Fury. He looked great to me. All of this goes to show what a GREAT job Sugar Hill and his team did to prepare Fury.
        Heavyweights can go 12 rounds without being under pressure. Beyond the 4th round he faced zero pressure. When he was under pressure he was blowing.

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by denium View Post
          Fury had been out of the ring for 22 months, he had a badly injured ankle, had caught Covid twice and was sleeping on a hospital floor for a week last month, plus he was unmotivated to fight a guy that he's already beaten twice.
          thats not even the half of it, he had a sniffley nose, sore toenail, itchy scalp, terrible headache, vertigo & a dicky tummy bad runs for two weeks! hes lucky he could walk to the ring
          kushking likes this.

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by Smash View Post

            thats not even the half of it, he had a sniffley nose, sore toenail, itchy scalp, terrible headache, vertigo & a dicky tummy bad runs for two weeks! hes lucky he could walk to the ring
            It was injured in the third after Wilder was dropped, check the footage and you can see the ankle twist.

            No excuses from Tyson though.

            Fury will demolish Usyk like a little boy, hit me up if anyone fancies a bet.

            Comment


            • #16
              That was not a well trained Fury who just happened to fight a guy with power who was fighting like. street guy who doesn't know how to box.

              A well trained Fury should have gotten Wilder out of there in 4, that is why I picked 9 rounds this time.

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                Fury must be in his best shape to deal with Usyk.
                He is going to have to be in his best shape to get past Whyte before Usyk. I think Whyte beats that Fury. Wilder's power comes from range (e.g. right hand that put Fury down). Fury closing the gap kept him relatively safe. Closing the gap against Whyte is asking for it.

                Comment


                • #18
                  There is no way Whyte beats Fury. Literally zero chance, unless Fury is totally unmotivated (which is always a possibility with him of course). Usyk, that's a different story.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by kushking View Post
                    All I seem to be seeing is everyone saying how unstoppable Fury is & how he would now beat Ali in his prime,etc.

                    But I actually think he took a step back from the rematch last night, I thought he looked all around like he had worse reflexes,& more unsure with himself.

                    Conversely I see Usyk like all around the most skillful,fastest fighter at hw with enough power to beat anyone.(Wilder is so overrated to this day just because Fury stood still & let him land his best 1-2 multiple times, the same punches that he would've never landed in the rematch & which were going slower because Wilder gained weight.
                    he was there to brawl and walk wilder again gronk style. He pummeled wilder in the 2nd fight with ease for sure there must be a certain degree that he already underestimates wilder on the back of his mind. He just knew he’d win against wilder no matter what, and wilder trained like crazy for that fight. And was way way hungry for the win.

                    If fury uses same strategy over usyk i think it’ll mean trouble for usyk as well since he is smaller than wilder. If fury chooses to slim down and box, then i’d still favor him any day of the week. usyk is really good but fury has a lot of advantage over him.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post

                      he was there to brawl and walk wilder again gronk style. He pummeled wilder in the 2nd fight with ease for sure there must be a certain degree that he already underestimates wilder on the back of his mind. He just knew he’d win against wilder no matter what, and wilder trained like crazy for that fight. And was way way hungry for the win.

                      If fury uses same strategy over usyk i think it’ll mean trouble for usyk as well since he is smaller than wilder. If fury chooses to slim down and box, then i’d still favor him any day of the week. usyk is really good but fury has a lot of advantage over him.
                      Agree with most of what you are saying, but I highly doubt Usyk would let himself be walked down by Fury - Usyk has superior footwork and lateral movement. Almost every time AJ tried to corner him he quickly moved out of range. So in my opinion Fury is far better off being lighter and faster for Usyk and using his jab and reach.
                      Last edited by Dolor; 10-13-2021, 06:20 PM.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP