Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kownacki Suffered Fractured Left Orbital Bone In First Round; Exploring Surgery Options

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adam practises to get beat up. From his prefight appearance, he's easy to hit in the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

As a Pollack? Sure thing (I have Polish in me!) there are many things us Pols do well...
      We can become suicide prevention workers in a hotline for fellow Pols... Yesterday I talked a guy down, he was going to jump out his basement window!
      We can become great scientists... Polish scientists have devised a new vehicle to go do the sun... it will go at night.
      We can become great gamblers.... Polish guy misunderstood Dwyer and thought he should follow the opinion of a total stranger and bet his house on Fury!
      He can design submarines with screen doors!

Comment

'Kownacki certainly has heart'
        Not sure. A well-respected trainer used to talk about 'game quitters'. He said most boxers come from rough backgrounds, they've been beaten up by their parents, at school, on the streets, by the police etc. They can take another beating. A guy that has 'heart' is a guy who, no matter how bad it gets, always is trying to win. If you accept you've lost but just stand there & take the punishment you're not that, you're a game quitter. I know that sounds harsh but when fight fans talk about the guys they most admire, like Marciano, Holyfield, Frazier, etc, they don't admire them because they could just soak up shots. They admire them because they never stopped believing they would win. In fairness, Deontay definitely has 'heart', he carried on trying to win long after everyone could see it was hopeless.
        BlakBread904 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post

He can design submarines with screen doors!
          Space ships with windows that open for when it gets "hot" outside!!

Comment

He should explore jobs at Taco Bell, cos boxing ain’t for him based on that performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
              Adam practises to get beat up. From his prefight appearance, he's easy to hit in the gym.
              He needs to learn to be defensively responsible. He fights like Toney Galento... Except Toney had more power and some technical skills the kid lacks. But he has a great engine and knows how to punch, and mix it up. I must admit that it is strange to me that no one has "pulled" him aside.

Comment

If I’m Helenius then I go after Usyk or AJ.

Comment

Helenius a bad style matchup for the Polish fighter. He has some decent wins, beat Martin, Washington, Spilzka and Arreola.

He has some obvious shortcomings with his speed and defensive limitations. He will probably never be a top five guy but he can still make a living and be relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
                    If I’m Helenius then I go after Usyk or AJ.
                    I wouldn't mind seeing him against either. Most likely loses to both but he looked fit in there last night. He mentioned he's dealt with alot of injuries and finally feels injury free. The dude has the reach and he can crack hard.

Comment

He should trade in some of his heart for a little discipline

Comment

Working...
                      X