Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shannon Courtenay Misses Weight, Loses WBA Title At Scale; Fight With Jamie Mitchell To Proceed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MANNY67
    replied
    Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Yeah, but take a good look at the level of fighter she's stopped. They're worse than trash.
    Yeah so who has Shannon fought or should I say miss piggy

Leave a comment:

• PBR Streetgang
    replied

She hasn't fought since. Anywhere. Who cares about whether she's fought so soon afterwards before? The point i'm getting at is you thinking Hearn doesn't want her because he hasn't had her back. I guess then no one wants her back if that's the case. But you're saying i'm running a narrative? What are you even on about. Then you say "Facts". What????

Everyone watching at the time on the forums edged it to Bridges. I'm not alone there.

Oh, and by the way, she is actually French.
    Man you ramble. You're getting at a point? I think you quite missed mine. The point I was making is that Hearn doesn't want Courtenay in against anyone that could possibly beat her (of which the French girl Mailys Gangloff is one of many that could beat her). Rachel Ball was supposed to be a soft touch until she dropped and soundly outboxed Shannon.

You make bad arguments that aren't even factually correct. You stated the French girl fought last week inferring a short turnaround when it was actually a month. I must have struck a nerve with my criticism of Courtenay's boxing ability, didn't realize you were so emotional about her. Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Sid-Knee
    replied
    Originally posted by MANNY67 View Post

6 fights, 4 k o
    Yeah, but take a good look at the level of fighter she's stopped. They're worse than trash.

Leave a comment:

• MANNY67
    replied

How many KO's does she have? Or do you think anyone in shape is going to score the "Devastating KO"?
    6 fights, 4 k o

Leave a comment:

• Sid-Knee
    replied
    Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

"French girl" fought last month not last week. She's fought twice in a month before. Bridges fought Bec Connolly the month prior to her fight. it's not an uncommon event to fight a month later. Of course those facts don't support your narrative but you've never really been particularly unbiased in your posts so why bother now.

Yeah, the house fighter in Bridges nicked it by a point on the ref's card but if you think she legitimately "edged" it then there's nothing I can do for you.
    She hasn't fought since. Anywhere. Who cares about whether she's fought so soon afterwards before? The point i'm getting at is you thinking Hearn doesn't want her because he hasn't had her back. I guess then no one wants her back if that's the case. But you're saying i'm running a narrative? What are you even on about. Then you say "Facts". What????

Everyone watching at the time on the forums edged it to Bridges. I'm not alone there.

Oh, and by the way, she is actually French.

Leave a comment:

• Sid-Knee
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Let me guess, the American didn't give the poor lass enough time to train properly and caught her at a disadvantage?
    No, i'm talking about the point were Female boxing can't be taken seriously. If that was the case, Male boxing would be taken less seriously, considering. But you do love your strawmen don't you?

It isn't just Americans who put people at the disadvantage either. Mexicans are doing it en masse too. We've got another one coming up with Munguia having Rosado drop 8 lbs to weaken him. This is a guy who still hasn't fought a world class fighter nor is he interested in his mandatory shot against Andrade.

And you still haven't got back to me over your comment about British and American trainers. But you do hate the direct questions after mouthing off don't you...

Leave a comment:

• stellen
    replied
    She looked great when she beat the australian. One of my favourite ever womens fight. Good luck to her.

Leave a comment:

• tophat1
    replied
    Matchroom seem like they made a call here, lose the title on the scales and have a weight advantage rather than try to lose weight and possibly lose because she drained

At least she's no longer a champ and we can all pretend the bridges fight had nothing to do with a belt

Leave a comment:

• Wild Joker
    replied
    anyone else taking Mitchell? 2 to 1 odds was 3 to 1

Leave a comment:

• PBR Streetgang
    replied

Bridges broke her hand, but she did edge it.

The French girl has just fought. Do you think she would come back a week later to confirm whether Eddie wants her back or not? Haha.
    "French girl" fought last month not last week. She's fought twice in a month before. Bridges fought Bec Connolly the month prior to her fight. it's not an uncommon event to fight a month later. Of course those facts don't support your narrative but you've never really been particularly unbiased in your posts so why bother now.

Yeah, the house fighter in Bridges nicked it by a point on the ref's card but if you think she legitimately "edged" it then there's nothing I can do for you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X