Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no hype surrounding the AJ vs Usyk fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the US there is hardly any buzz for the fight that I have seen. Some eluded to that this was Sky Sports last gig and they are just doing a money grab and not promoting too hard to maximize their profits. Doesn't matter to me if there is hype or not, I'm still watching.

Comment

No hype, yet it sold out in an hour? And tickets for the Wilder Fury fight are still on sale? Not every fight needs hype. When you actually get two good fighters in there to fight each other, the fight hypes itself. I actually like it better this way. No nonsense talking weeks before the fight. Just train, get ready and show up on fight night.

By the way, Fury is still fat and still in the UK. I think he is still going to pull out of the fight. I think he is just waiting to see what happens this weekend

Comment

I’ve seen exactly zero promotion for it here in the US but hey, AJ sells huge overseas so I guess they don’t have to do much to promote it. I’m just glad Joshua and Canelo have real fights coming up. Boxing needs its stars to be active to make up for all the YouTube boxing ****shows. When boxing’s two biggest stars have real, competitive fights lined up we all win.

Comment

No hype, yet it sold out in an hour? And tickets for the Wilder Fury fight are still on sale? Not every fight needs hype. When you actually get two good fighters in there to fight each other, the fight hypes itself. I actually like it better this way. No nonsense talking weeks before the fight. Just train, get ready and show up on fight night.

By the way, Fury is still fat and still in the UK. I think he is still going to pull out of the fight. I think he is just waiting to see what happens this weekend

Comment

Working...
          X