Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Plant: Canelo Looked Beatable Against Mayweather, Lara, Golovkin, Kovalev, Saunders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Their resume is on another level. Caleb Plant knows little to nothing about the top level of boxing. Canelo knows all about it, he has been fighting top 10 fighters for a decade now.

Canelo’s first win over a top 10 opponent of his weight class was Ryan Rhodes who was ranked #4 by The Ring at 154. Canelo was 20 years old.

Plant was 27 years old when he fought #3 ranked Uzcategui. And 29 years old when he fought #6 ranked Truax. That’s it. That was his sole experience vs top level opponents.

By 29, Canelo had already fought in 10 fights vs top 10 fighters of his weight class.

Rhodes #4 @ 154 by The Ring
    Trout #3 Ring 154
    Mayweather #1 Ring 154
    Lara #2 Ring 154
    Cotto Ring champion 160
    L. Smith #9 Ring 154
    GGG #1 Ring 160
    GGG #1 Ring 160
    Jacobs # 2 Ring 160
    Kovalev #2 Ring 175

Add Callum Smith, the 168 Ring champion, and BJS ranked #5 at 168. For a total of 12 fights vs top 10 fighters.

Of course when you compete at that level, for that long, that consistently, you are going to show flaws, get beaten at least once, look subpar, etc. But Canelo experienced that and Plant has not. That is what Plant is overlooking.

It’s like someone who runs on a high school track and runs equal to 10 miles and not get tired, talking crap about someone who runs up in the mountains equalling to 10 miles and is exhausted in the end. If that person who is used to running in the mountains goes and runs on a high school track, he would likely embarrass that guy who just runs on the track and is talking sh.t. This situation with Plant is just like that. Canelo is going to come down from the mountains and show Plant that his running and struggling in high altitude makes him better than him.

kushking likes this.

Comment

Plant's biggest weaknesses are his lack of experience on the elite level and his lack of power. Unless you can hurt Canelo or dominate 10 of 12 rounds you're not winning a decision and that's the only chance Plant has. He doesn't have a puncher's chance. How does he win? Canelo gets a freak injury in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
        ...wait a minute. Beatable against Kovalev?

But NSB said that Kov threw the fight!
        Nice pic bro. Too bad Bud is fighting Porter now so your "other side of the street" allusion is now null and void.

Comment

I mean Plant is not anywhere near the level of May,Lara, Kov or GGG..He brutally KOd Kov and Saunders corner had to stop it because of the beating Canelo was putting on him ..I had the 1st GGG fight a draw and gave Canelo the 2nd fight ..May & Lara both did beat him though , but he is on a different level today he will spark Plant out ..

Comment

Lara was seven years ago. Mayweather eight years ago. GGG. Canelo beat him in the second outing and will do so handily, next year. Plant is at best second tier. He is hyping the fight and hopefully, not believing his own propaganda. Canelo will turn Plant into a grease spot on the canvas. Hopefully, Plant will have someone to change hid diapers and bib after Canelo savagely beats him into unconsciousness.

Comment

I'm going with Canelo on this fight; he has proven himself against the best fighters of his time, Mayweather, GGG, Shane Mosely, Cotto...Although he lost to Mayweather, he learned. Caleb Plant hasn't learned from anyone near the level of Mayweather. And Canelo Alvarez is still hungry. He's hungry for the Super Middleweight Unified title. Canelo by TKO.

Comment

Logan Paul > Plant

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

Plant will have to dominate every round from beginning to end. He had better throw 1000+ jabs
                  and he will still lose by split decision. He is better off just getting knocked out in the 9th and save all the commotion for another time

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mouzone View Post
                    I mean Plant is not anywhere near the level of May,Lara, Kov or GGG..He brutally KOd Kov and Saunders corner had to stop it because of the beating Canelo was putting on him ..I had the 1st GGG fight a draw and gave Canelo the 2nd fight ..May & Lara both did beat him though , but he is on a different level today he will spark Plant out ..
                    i cant stand GGG but i will definitely say he won the first fight. I used to love Lara and he boxed Canelo ears off for 6 rounds but the way he squealed and fought the remaining 6 he deserves to lose. It was a cowardice way to go out considering he wanted the fight for so long. Since that day i have never focussed on a Lara fight again

Comment

Working...
                    X